Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movement
Well, more ways to inflict movement impairment is what I'd prefer. IIRC, I was going to look into adding new skills to base classes after the 10* updates, so maybe around then.
A couple things I think need to be discussed about the last few replies, although hey, any ideas being thrown around is great.

As far as movement impairment abilities go, I do feel it worthy of note that the classes they'd be more relevant for, for example black knight, don't exactly tend to have the biggest skill pool as it is. Fitting everything you want in is already a nightmare sometimes, and that wouldn't be relieved by movement impairment abilities being a must. Although it is, of course, one option.

As far as super long range weapons being the problem, perhaps it is at times. But you really only need a weapon with a few range to kite someone in the way that the example suggested- it hardly needs a sniper. And non-tanky ranged builds require that range quite often, but that's another debate.

I can also understand the potential frustration with movement vs movement abilities on your front, Dev- but it's worthy to note that both voidgate and haunting have benefits aside from just mobility as well. That, and the fact that they don't suffer from already-existing mobility impairment. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a celcius shell, you know what I'm talking about- and of course, movement impairment goes both ways, too. It can hit slow people just as hard, if not harder.

Just a few points there, for what they're worth. Closing in the gap for movement limits so that people can actually be caught (such as Chaos' 9-11-13 suggestion) is one I think is pretty decent, since at least then it lowers kiting issues- but obviously, I'm not in favour of the caps, personally. Not that I don't love that there's a discussion on it, though!

(Edit- this isn't to say I'm against anti-runaway or movement impairment skills, mind!)
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9686#p9686 Wrote:Chaos » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:48 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9677#p9677 Wrote:MegaBlues » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm[/url]"]I would also suggest that more anti-runaway tools should be introduced for melee, if necessary.
Like 'Fear' reducing the movement if they try to run away? Black Knights would love it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9736#p9736 Wrote:Snake » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:35 pm[/url]"]
Like 'Fear' reducing the movement if they try to run away? Black Knights would love it.

That's pretty much the opposite of what it should do.
not saying it should be a buff, just that it seems a bit silly.

I'm all for a new status effect ala cowering that's similar to fear, but until then fear should not be making you slower.

Black Knights already have Forced Move to accomplish this, too (albeit at only a penalty of 1, it's still something).