Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Race: Selachii
New Race: Selachii

A race of amphibious coastal dwellers, mostly dwelling off the northern banks of Karatynn, the Selachii are humanoid, and some say blessed by Charachin, as they possess some fish-like traits to them. They possess a functional set of gills and lungs, and are able to go between land and water quite easily, in addition to usually having a large fin or crest either along the top of their head or along their back. Known for having a tribalistic society and a vicious temperament, the average Selachii is rarely seen in civilized lands and most people view them as a curiosity. Some even view them as monsters, due to their capricious and savage nature.

STR WIL SKI CEL DEF RES VIT FAI LUC
Base 7 0 3 5 1 1 4 0 1
Growth 40% 5% 20% 30% 10% 10% 25% 0% 10%

Racial Abilities:

- Gnash: Opening their mouths wide, the Selachii takes a giant chomp out of the enemy, causing them to start bleeding. Does unresistable pierce damage equal to 4 + 50% of STR, and applies Blooded to the opponent. Blooded causes STR/10 damage per turn, and can be stacked. Blooded lasts for 5 turns or if the person gains healing from any source.

- Under The Depths: Due to gills, the Selachii absorb water damage. Unfortunately, due to the fact that they are so very in tune with water, they suffer from a 50% lightning resist penalty.

- Bloodfrenzy: Each stack of Blooded adds +1 to each physical stat (STR, SKI, CEL). For instance, having 3 stacks of blooded and 30 STR means that you now have 33 STR. This counts as bonus stats, not base.

- Rough Skin: The skin of the Selachii is rough and coarse, almost like sandpaper. You could cut yourself on it if you aren't careful. Every melee unarmed or monster attack or ability gives 10% of the damage back to whoever caused it.
Any comments?
Modified main attack skill.
People have been talking more about fish races recently, so I figured I'd bump it.
Still not sure if I want to do underwater races, honestly. It's been something in the back of my mind for a while but the logistics are still something I'm working on.
I'd love it if you at least considered it. This can at least be a stopgap measure race, since the graphics and the detailing for it wouldn't be unfeasible, sort of how vampires were the prototype "undead" race.
I have a few character ideas (and even a character right now) that could easily fit this type of race, honestly, I'd be down for something like this if it was ever considered, however, I think resistance over absorption is a better idea.

That's my 2 cents.
The main reason I picked Absorb over Resist is because there's really not a lot of water skills and spells to begin with, unlike with other resists, so it's not as big of a deal to give them the absorb as opposed to a resist.

But if a resist is more amenable, I'd have to tone down the Lightning Weakness. Mostly because I balanced the strength of the absorb with the weakness, and a water resist simply isn't going to see much use at all.
I personally feel that we don't need anymore races and would be better off making improvements in other areas (ie roleplay elements), but the concept is alright.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I understand as to why, but absorbs are already very, very strong, having that innate would be insane. And not many do run water because its a scarce element, a 25% resist for a 25% weakness would be fine in my eyes.