Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Useless weapons
every single weapon that does up to 10 bonus damage based on will is useless.

my suggestion

make their damage scale 50% will no cap

these worked in sl1 because you could stack 5-9 of these on a sword
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=917#p917 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 am[/url]"]every single weapon that does up to 10 bonus damage based on will is useless.
First, no. They're actually quite useful. It's basically more damage for free, even for people without wil.

Quote:make their damage scale 50% will no cap
This is would be horribly strong and make it so anyone with a nice amount of wil (a mage, dominantly ranged fighter) could use those weapons (effectively becoming melee, a powerful one at that.). Not to mention spellsword builds would be the strongest.

Quote:these worked in sl1 because you could stack 5-9 of these on a sword
SL2 =/= SL1. The things that worked there will not work here.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Didn't the ore-types used to scale off of will with literally no cap... that would make Magic Gunners Double Dao'ing people do.. like.. 50-60 extra damage per hit whenever the Ore triggered, which was based off of LUC%? I seem to think that was the case.
I'm not refering to ore damage, I'm refering to low power stuff like Icebreaker axe, yukijin, swordfishsword, gel naia ect.

Now you say its a free 10 damage but really
when was the last damn time you saw a non noob use one, never

People use the weapon with the most power, or the best effect, or the magical weapons that you can cast spells with.

also they get resisted and you lose m
Losing M because a monster resists is part of the game mechanics. Sorry to burst that bubble.

If they scaled off something other than the easily raisable WIL, and had a cap of. say. 20. Sure-I-guess. Archers use Thornshooters for days, and it does EARF damage on hit.
Isn't that 10 bonus damage (and the elemental damage from weapon ores) unresistable by def/res, though? When you're landing hits against an opponent that you can't deal as much damage against as you like, that 10 extra damage per hit can mean the difference between life and death.

Also I'm pretty sure those can stack with the elemental bonus damage for craftable weapons, making it a nice 20 bonus damage on hit if you luck out.

Oh, and aren't they a sure thing compared to the elemental weapons only having a chance to?
either that or these weapons need cool effects like thornshooters
I could see some of them getting small buffs that also give kinda fun effects to go with it.