Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUDGEMENTTTTTTTT
So like. Judgement Blade does 50% extra damage to things treated as Youkai. But like. Hear me out. It literally gets fukt by Kilkenny and Drowned Woman.

It shouldn't. Judgement Blade should 100% ignore ALL resists a target youkai ( or thing treated as a youkai ) has to said element.. or at least the 'resists' that come from said Youkai. It's dumb.
[Image: What-to-do-if-you-have-had-too-much-salt.jpg]

It's bad for your diet.
You know Psych. I think shit posting's pretty bad for you too.

I hear it gets you banned. :o)
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9985#p9985 Wrote:Rendar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:36 am[/url]"]You know Psych. I think shit posting's pretty bad for you too.

I hear it gets you banned. :o)
that's pretty ironic, coming from you

Unless you're throwing it at Drowned Woman herself, the worst you get out of Judgment Blade is a resist message in the given cases. Having it ignore Youkai resists might be nice, but not necessarity.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Kilkenny. 25 Slash resist. Which sorta means that 50% extra damage (after all is said and done, because Dev really likes to make it so that % stuff comes after on some cases, and before on others) is kinda null.

200 becomes 150 before it gets the +75 dmg to make it 225 (not that you'd ever hit 200+ damage with it before the 50%+).

But like. If you made it ignore that resistance stuff. It'd be 300~ damage. It's a gr8 idea.
Judgement Blade being allowed to ignore resistances just 'cuz is a silly idea.

Elemental Resistance is Elemental Resistance.
It ignoring resistances put forth by youkai whilst dealing it's extra damage is what I meant. Considering 2 youkai get resist to it and it's meant to be, quite literally, an anti-youkai maneuver.
Let us all praise resist ignoring (WIL+23) *1,5 per 3M/22FP for it is our lord and savior.
Your 300~ damage comment makes me wonder if this thread isn't a shitpost of its own.

But let's bring up a few points as to why it'd be incredibly wrong to further buff this skill incase you're actualy serious.

Soul chains
Soul chains
Soul chains
did i mention soul chains
how else will people protect themselves againts this pretty much instakill than slash resist.
With youkai themselves, it's somewhat dandy that you'd like a youkai killing skill to actualy utterly wreck them, but since you're a GS anyway, you have a water skill, so just target kik with that. And DW can just die to anything that's something else than the three damage types. So the problem is clearly not there.
And there are plenty other ways to deal with installers.
(WIL+23) = Init Dmg
Init Dmg/1.(xx) slash resist = N.Dmg
N.dmg-RES=Damage

Thennnn the damage gets multiplied by 1.5x. I'm not saying ignore all slash resist. I'm saying ignore the one provided by youkai.

Since, you know, it's pretty easy to actually lower the damage taken by judgement blade down to next to nothing. Hell; my own J. blade is about 120~ before resistances.. (75+23+22~ or something like that) 12 of that just flat goes away from 10% resist all, then the rest of it gets smacked for 60 damage down the drain because resistance. Which makes the 1.5x get something akin to 80~ damage. VA's would more than likely get 45% resist against the damage, hell just rogues in general would (since it seems like if you aren't a tank these days, you're a rogue for evasion.. or DH because you can just nullify 2 hits a round).

What'd make this move broken dumb would be if it applied that 1.5x before resistances and the like. Like ghostwind does if you Haunting. Cept Haunting makes it 1 per turn unlike this. Also; soul chains requires a full 6 momentum to prep, and even then does your enemy get 1 less duration on it than is actually 'expected' due to "Well I just spent my entire turn giving it... better sit around now." Soul Chains (oddly enough) doesn't stop you from installing either.

But anyways, back to math. So. 120 from my judgement blade. That's a reasonable amount. So, EVEN BEFORE STATS AND RESISTANCES, it's about 180 damage for 3m and 22 FP... if they're installed or a youkai. Deadly as hell. Except even 30 resist (which is about what people with low RES but unarmored cloth should have combined) will drop that 120 down to 90 and making it 135 damage instead of 180 so. That's a thing.

All I'm saying is, let it get rid of the resist a youkai provides for it, or give them some way to deal with it.

(PS: Using water skill on Kilkenny isn't a sound possibility if the enemy is a Bonder because the Bonder can simply wear something water resistant to cover up that weakness)