• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uberload
[Image: 4L6Wjoc.png]
Non-CM Overload with just food

[Image: alW40ri.png]
CM Ryemei

[Image: ZlNsx6R.png]
CM Overload

This is just.. slightly ridiculous, I think. Even without any real buffs, and the only stat boost from items being +3 LUC from a Lucky Amulet.

I propose the bonus damage be lowered to +2 per stat.
If it went back to +2 per stat, then it would once more be worse than a CM Ryemei.

With how Invocations were gimped recently, I think that more Invocations should be made better, not the good ones worsened.

*insert snippet about Quaking Heaven Kick here*
With 70~ res and 30% lightning resist, a CM Overload will still 1-shot your ass. Then again; I did have about 200~ extra points of damage coming from stats... Though, even without that, it did 90% of my HP.

Edit: Most people who get smacked by overload will always take at least 80 damage from the "Stat" bit. Simply from the innate "BOOSTS" that one acquires over the course of the game. I know that my guy has 29 extra stat points (not including the +3 def/res he gets in combat) with missing out on a number of badges to minimize that exact effect. So, even if you say "WELL EVOCATIONS GOT NERFED" the fact that this is one of the longest range evocations in the game, tied in with the fact you can HSDW it... It isn't exactly 'balanced'.

A CM Overload can, and will, 1-shot almost anyone barring the people with 600+ HP and enough resist against it. Otherwise? They're instantly dead.
.. Rank D invocations should generally do less damage than a CM spell, especially against a character with RES. And they do.

Except for Overload.

For a more extreme example, Overload currently does +168 bonus damage to my GS, or +303/+387 while installed.

This would lower that to 'only' +112/+202/+258, and this is all assuming Greaper doesn't apply to this part of the damage.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10024#p10024 Wrote:MegaBlues » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:07 pm[/url]"]If it went back to +2 per stat, then it would once more be worse than a CM Ryemei.

With how Invocations were gimped recently, I think that more Invocations should be made better, not the good ones worsened.

*insert snippet about Quaking Heaven Kick here*

PSTongueS

The fuck are you smoking by the way. Soapy posted pics of how much a non-CM Overload did, versus a CM Ryemei. Non-CM Overload did 317. CM Ryemei did 235. They both have the same-Momentum cost, just one requires a bit more set up, and against enemies who do stack stats, the Overload can-and-will instagib.

Of course, a CM Crit Ryemei would be better in this singular instant by just a bit.. but that's a CRIT ontop of a CM.

But yeah. Like seriously, Overload does SO much damage compared to literally every other invocation in the game.

Divine Shower? WIL+18+PWR damage to all enemies on the field. Literally an invocation magaisendo/Wretched Oil. Literaly.
Divine Judgement? Utility Spell.
Mercalan Mist? Utility spell (that chains really nicely with lightning attacks!
Shine Knights? Rank C Invocation that actually takes 3 turns to cast, 70 FP, and is generally useless because taking 3 turns to summon 2 really dumb NPCs is bad.
Earthbound Fog? "YOU CAN MOVE. OR YOU CAN ATTACK. NOT BOTH" Great.
Earthbound Vengeance? "ur gonna have a bad time" Pretty okay. Not good, but not bad.
Spirit Pain? One of the most OP invocations in the game. Deal 50 damage, gain 50 HP.. and their attack is turned on them. Ridiculous.
Death Knighting? OP in some instances. Literally gets fukt by MG.
Enma's Summons? Wot is this?
Summon Storm? I don't need to go over this.
Reihou? Neither here.

As you can see. Out of all the D rank Invocations, Overload is literally the most damaging, and will absolutely murder everyone. +387 damage isn't okay.. though I'm not sure HOW you take 387 damage whilst installed from it... That's 129 extra stats, in total.

I can't even manage that. ((PS: Changing out Base Race stats with your Youkai doesn't count towards that!))
I can't seem to find the thread (or even the update log for when Overload was boosted to 5), but Overload -was- weaker than a mind-charged Ryemei.

I remember because I'm the one who did the math to prove it to Dev. That's why it was boosted to +5 in the first place.
And now it seems that Ryemei does a lot less than a CM overload. Or a normal overload vs CM Ryemei.

So like. Some things have changed since then. Or maybe Soapy just stacks the shit out of stats. Either way, overload seems to 1-shot people.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10026#p10026 Wrote:Soapy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:45 pm[/url]"].. Rank D invocations should generally do less damage than a CM spell

Also, why is this? Invocations cost more, can be broken if not HDSW'd, and are more directly telegraphed. Mind Charge does telegraph that something big is coming, but there's a much bigger window for it, and the target doesn't know exactly what spell they'll have to deal with afterwards.

And to Rendar, I don't put much stock in vague 'proof' about damage like that. It's best to have everything laid out plain. You can't even work backwards with this.

The Rank of Overload and Ryemei are not listed. Whether or not Greaper was used or not is not listed. The amount of passive stat boosters are not listed. So there's nothing being proved here.
Reducing the amount of bonus damage per stat or making it have a maximum cap of bonus damage based on Rank would make the most sense, I think.
Capping it would still leave it really strong, just worse at doing what it's meant to do, which is why I think lowering the bonus damage a bit is a better idea.