Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic and its lore
Hiya

So, as it stands, the lore regarding magic is a liiittle lackluster. We have estabilished basics like magic requires them magic words to work. (Silence makes you unable to cast.) It noms focus, there's elemental magic, spirit stuff, hexes.... And there's surely lot more already estabilished.
This question is more or less directed to Dev, but also open for opinions and/or offers to aid, but.

I believe it would be nice to estabilish much in depth lore regarding magic. As it stands, two mages talking about noncombat magic is alot, and I mean alot, of improvisation. We know some restrictions, for example on Mercana. But, let's presume we talk charms, barriers, or even go to the field of mind control, suggestion, all kinds of stuff.
I am not saying there should be /rules/ per-se, but more of a some sort of system/knowledge to bounce off of.
So Dev, if I and others that'd like to help, would work with existing lore (And bits that you probably already have planned out) to help classify, figure origin of, estabilish where aproximately have mages currently advanced and things like that, would you be willing to incorporate it? (If it suits your idea anyway.)
Well, I'd recommend posting some questions in Lore Questions if you want answers on this sort of thing.