Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Martial Artist] Quaking Heaven Kick
It's quite honestly, broken. It's not only a distance closer, but most PVP fights start with you being within range of someone with Shukuchi being able to use that, then QUAKING HEAVEN KICKING your face in. Followed up by quite literally anything else, and you're already down a substantial < usually > chunk of your health, and knocked down.

This needs to be changed. It needs to either take up 6M, or it needs to not knock people down 95% of the time. Hell, even just having it deal Earth Damage and knocking your opponent/other enemies nearby away would work. Or drawing nearby enemies in. Idk. Suggest possible ways to fix this crap.
I agree. A near fullscreen knockdown, when Monks have the best movement utility in the game, is just terrible.

I suggest making it knock enemies back one square. That way, it'd have some synergy with Palm Strike.
Aside from free movement in an attack, heaven kick is already useless as it is. Quaking was the only reason to use it aside from that. And the damage isn't that good either.

I don't agree with knockback. Other skills have that...and do it better. Because I don't see why one wouldn't simply move beside the person and use dragon gale.
And no, it is rare to lack ki.

If it really gets touched (With which I disagree) I suggest the knockdown is not guaranteed. Using stats, rank of the skill, or something to calc it.
I suggest either a stat roll or torso items that grant immunity to Knock Down. But I do agree Knock Down has become really cheap combined with Shukuchi and HK.
'Heaven Kick sucks' isn't really an excuse for it, though I do agree that without a damage buff it's really nothing more than a distance closer. That said, how's about something like a short-range AoE damage (what with the whole 'quaking' bit).
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=994#p994 Wrote:Joseph Jostar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:17 pm[/url]"]'Heaven Kick sucks' isn't really an excuse for it, though I do agree that without a damage buff it's really nothing more than a distance closer. That said, how's about something like a short-range AoE damage (what with the whole 'quaking' bit).

I can get behind this idea. Deals 3/4 of your Heaven Kick's final damage to all enemies in 2 range of your target, as unresistable Earth damage.
That doesn't sound terrible at all, actually.

Monk has a complete lack of AoEs, so I'm down for that.
I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but I have a counterargument: HK damage is pretty low; it sees use for the knockdown above all else. As it stands now without enchantment, it's literally just "close into melee range with an attack instead of moving." Which seems fine on paper, but is it really worth a skill slot? I mean, once you're in range, your normal attack is a better option! Unlike, say, Hanging, which has the benefit of a +Hit bonus and can crit, HK is just a fairly weak autohit with some range and mobility.

Yes. It does cause knockdown a little TOO easily. However, On Guard already makes this less exploitable, and Kip Up becomes useless if knockdown just stops being a thing.

I'm in favor of making it a chance of knockdown instead of a guaranteed knockdown. Perhaps 50% +/-5% per level difference (So even levels have a 50/50 chance, with more resist/ succeptability for level variance.)

Marginally off topic:

I just crunched some numbers, and the theory gives me much higher results than what I really see. I have never seen a heaven kick deal more than 40 damage, despite my math coming up to an average of 75 (at 13 range with a 20 power weapon) before applying enemy defense. Can someone else confirm or deny that HK is following the listed formula?
*loud burp*
Currently you suffer knockdown from QHK if you were 5 or more Range from your target.
Which can happen a good deal of the time. Because while it is 5 squares away, someone can Shukuchi, Move away, Heaven's kick for A knockdown that will always be guaranteed. On a turn where they can't KD, they can go Attack, then move away for set-up following. The distance closer+KD is overpowering.