Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Martial Artist] Quaking Heaven Kick
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1017#p1017 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:42 pm[/url]"]Which can happen a good deal of the time. Because while it is 5 squares away, someone can Shukuchi, Move away, Heaven's kick for A knockdown that will always be guaranteed. On a turn where they can't KD, they can go Attack, then move away for set-up following. The distance closer+KD is overpowering.

So your argument: Both parties only get 1 attack per turn. Because the other person will give chase, and can quite possibly end within 5 spaces if both classes have the same move beforehand, as Shukuchi adds 5.

My argument: The one attack the other party besides the HK user gets will basically be guaranteed to outdamage the singular HK kick.

Yes, it's annoying, but to keep running away and setting it up again against anything but, say, a BK, would be kind of silly, considering.
*loud burp*
Nerhaven: Sear-radius cinder tiles around the target.

Talvyd: Surrounding enemies are pushed away from the target.

Redgull: I'm assuming it gives HK a tiny Ryemei-like chance to crit, I've not experimented much with this so I'm not 100% sure. (would be interesting if it increased its critchance per tile away from the target)

Galren: Knockdown target from any distance greater than 5 tiles.

Kraken: I've not used this one either; I believe it lowers the target's movement.

As you can see, each of the elemental impacts have their own unique effect and niche use, and any suggestion other than lowering the chance of it happening is terrible, and even then, this suggestion to change it is terrible. Yes, it is the most useful, but that doesn't mean you should punish it because a few players use a tactic that annoys you. HK does so minimal damage that it's not even funny, and I've only ever been able to get around 50-60 damage against a player who had virtually no DEF at max distance with a 31 power rebelling brawler's glove, 80 against a monster. The damage seems to fluctuate at random.

Sure, spamming it is lame, but they're wasting an entire turn to do shitty damage and give you only one attack (and the next turn means you can double-attack them with impunity) whereas you have plenty of options (now that they've ended their turn right next to you) to punish them for being an idiot, and unless they spunked for decent growths in their RES and DEF then you're going to ruin their day. Its only use is as an opener, after that, it becomes dangerous unless the target willingly moves themselves away.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
Kraken actually makes a 3-range diamond of ice tiles. A Verglas
can Expand these ice tiles. I've done it before on Viorica
There are plenty of other skills that need looking at much more than this one. Any smart monk or Bk class person can easily avoid the trouble of quaking heaven kick. It can be annoying on some builds, but the counter for the skill can be done pretty easily.

With that said, Im going to have to disagree with the topic suggestion.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]