Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another 9* hybrid weapon.
Crossbow: Bow/Gun

It's purpose: Allowing people to use Archer's bow skills without committing to Arbalest. Since Arbalests are primarily about skills requiring a main bow and something else offhand, a number of class synergy options go out the window if you actually decide to use Arbalest to it's fullest (For example: Arb/BK synergize well due to both having high defense, but you cannot use a shield to protect allies if you require a secondary weapon to use most of what an arbalest can do.) A bow/gun would allow people to use base class archer skills as an MG instead, while granting access to skills like covering fire, parting shot, etc. It would effectively open up a "light archer" playstyle, allowing you to play more of a skirmisher archer than a heavy bowman.

I'm sure some people are thinking, "Pfft, MGs don't need even more perks!" And this is where I point out that most as a bow/gun, it wouldn't ignore defense, and of course wouldn't have multiple rounds, both of which are arguably MG's greatest benefits. As well, as it technically has no "rounds" due to shooting a bolt and not a bullet, One Overcharge would not work, either. Without either the raw damage of multiple rounds or the One Overcharge benefits, it'll basically just be a bow that can use parting shot and the like, as well as unboosted shell skills like mutated weapons.
*loud burp*
Doesn't sound too bad, since STR scaling and no Rounds. With Arcane Gun, the reign of spell-archers can begin.

And finally, a reason for a crossbow.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Lemme get dis straight.

It's a bow. That benefits from arrows. And a gun. That benefits from Shells. I could use this to do basic attacks across the map with gale arrow. And just shit on someone's life with negative 50000 movement. Repeatedly. With no downsides because cross-map shots yo.

I already don't like this.

I mean. Crossbow is nice. But. Maybe not like this? I'd say half STR, half SKI, with it negating SOME Defense the target has, in and of itself. Running Arbie MG would give the benefits of punching shot and heavy-shooter... but it'd also deny having a 2nd base class which helps a lot.
While it is One Overcharge that takes movement reduction to 11, you do raise a valid counterpoint I hadn't considered. Between the longdraw buff and Celcius Shell in general, the effects can compound to be rather silly. At the same time, simply not letting it use shells would put it in the Arbalest camp of "there's almost no point" since it would only get access to a very select few skills, as the class largely revolves around shells and charges. While I did think at first that a low power could offset this advantage, it's also true that if something CAN be expoited, it WILL, and that IS ripe for exploitation.

I'll get to work drafting ideas on how to limit this from being too powerful, such as maybe not allowing charges or something. The simple fact of the matter is, with people calling for Snake Dancer to be nerfed (and considering Turnover, I do understand why,) a more "keep away" arbalest may very well soon lose their primary playstyle, and I feel it'd be a good time to allow archers to have some alternate paystyle other than cannons. I've always loved the base archer class, and have mained/subbed Arbalest just to use normal archer stuff, and it would be nice to be able to actually use some promoted class skills without being dependant on a secondary weapon.
*loud burp*
If this weapon was set up as a Gun (Rifle or Shotgun) with 2 rounds that also counts as a bow, it can fit in without some ridiculous imbalance.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye