Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I am Barry the Chopper!"
[Image: kcYN2G8.gif]

Yes, it's that powerful. You should change the total damage increase to 1% per 3% HP missing.
(And in case you don't know what this is, it's Mad Chop.)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Agreed.

And perhaps re-introduce hitcheck. When my 50 def character triggers evasion with unarmored, I'd definetly not expect to get 90 damage from an autohit. (And they were at maximum health.)

edit : my comment means - you make pure dodge pretty much impossible now
I'd say lower it to 1% per 3% missing if it remains an autohit, 1% per 2% missing if not.
pure (insert single defensive factor here) is impossible to begin with, dodge isn't the special snowflake.

Going by the damage formula, 400 damage Madchop is impossible. How are you managing that damage?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I think 400 damage madchop is definitely possible under the right circumstances, but there is some major str stacking (and maybe kingslayer usage) in the OP's post, with a good str WT with access to install and poison bite, here is what I was able to do.

40 power axe, no other physical boosting items, poison bite and Dragon Install with 88 STR, only 1% of my health remained
[Image: c40086f7b5.png]

Against a 21 defense target

[Image: df65a3f690.jpg]

350 damage

Under the right circumstances this can be a very powerful autohit, even stronger than EI is, however, the only problem this'll be is if you run into a BK/DH/Ghost or a Phenex(which there are counters to last chance, including str stacking and dying to your own poison), as this is very specific, I don't think it should be per 3% health missing though, if it remains an autohit it should be per 2% health missing, halving the bonus damage pretty much, I do like the way mad chop works now and 3% health missing would make it do mediocre damage at low health thresholds, doesn't seem as worth it in my opinion.
Spoops pretty much figured it out. I wouldn't mind it being per 2% health missing either, any of the options suggested so far would be acceptable enough me thinks.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
I don't know what's more annoying in that case, the damage or the knockback. I had an Axe with 15 power and 60 total strength, won two fights doing nothing but spamming charged madchop for a 85~180 damage and the oh so amazing knockback.

ALSO, the FP, Madchop's high damage (situational) and KB for almost 'no FP' is what makes it so spammable. Why not increase the FP costs to make it less spammable then? Something like a 50 FP or less, ain't the percentage supposed to make Madchop an "amazing-fight-turnaround-finisher" like Ether Invitation, where you're supposed to unleash your pain in the foe?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Quote:...if it remains an autohit it should be per 2% health missing...

This.

Dodging characters, like Kenseis, already struggle against soldier class tanks. Hitting 400 autohit, though it will trigger evasion, is still too much damage.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10648#p10648 Wrote:Snake » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:52 pm[/url]"]B-But my Darius playby!...
The next time I see a post as useless as this in the balance fu forum, it's getting deleted. Start contributing something if you're going to just snark.

Anyways. While I feel like we should be looking more at the damage bonuses (and additional %-based bonuses being factored in), I can agree with a 1-for-2% adjustment.

However, I'm going to suggest that CS version gets its Knockback nerfed to Distance Traveled/2 (to a min. of 1). Right now, one could use CS Mad Chop like the pre-nerfed HT, without any of the associated drawbacks, or hell, since it doesn't require any HP lost like the damage formula, any drawbacks at all.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I don't know, this seems like an ideal scenario rather than a realistic one. We'll talk about nerfing Mad Chop, if necessary, after it's been out for a little while longer.