Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampiric buffs for Vampires
Currently, when using a weapon with the Vampiric item effect on it, on most weapons, you would heal 10% of the damage a basic attack inflicts on your opponent.
But what if you're a Vampire?

What I'm suggesting is when a Vampire performs a basic attack while wielding a vampiric weapon, they heal 10% of the damage they deal, but they would also additionally gain 10% of the damage dealt to their Blood Essence. For example, if I hit a 100 through a basic attack with a vampiric weapon, I would heal 10 HP, but also gain 10 Blood Essence.
*If that's too much, we could possibly make it 5% blood essence gained according to the damage for regular vampiric weapons, and (UL%/4), a max of 6% at fully upgraded status for the Fellgrant Drinker?

Weapons affected:
Bloody Fang (SW)
Gorger (AX)
Impaler (SP)
Redwing (BOW)
Tenderizer (FT)
Dagger of Bleeding (DAG)
Fellgrant Drinker (SP)

What do you all think? Okay idea or horrible?
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'm mostly against this. Vampires are already in a pretty great place. I get where the idea is coming from, but, Banquet exists for them to regain essence, and I think it should stay that way.

While this wouldn't totally replace Banquet, giving another avenue for regaining essence just seems overbearing for builds oriented around abusing Silvermists. At least Banquet incurs hit penalties/deals dark damage etc.

It sounds nice but...I'm not sure what changes I'd suggest to make it work. I just don't think Vampires should be able to gain essence without using Banquet.
Although Vampires already have lots of good things, I'm not really against the idea of them getting different benefits from vampiric weapons. If being able to gain essence through those weapons in general is a daaaangerous idea... then maybe raising the amount of health recovered from 10% of damage dealt to 15% would work. For Vampires.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
I'm pretty sure Banquet allows on-hit effects (I've triggered Resonance on Forgeries with a gun banquet, for example,) so you can already achieve a heal + essence by using Banquet with a Vampiric Weapon. I really can't think of a justifiable reason to improve upon this.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10753#p10753 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:55 pm[/url]"]I'm pretty sure Banquet allows on-hit effects (I've triggered Resonance on Forgeries with a gun banquet, for example,) so you can already achieve a heal + essence by using Banquet with a Vampiric Weapon. I really can't think of a justifiable reason to improve upon this.
I guess you have a fair point. I just thought it would be cool for Vampires to have a neat effect with their own weapons. I've been enjoying Owari no Seraph too much!
Giving 'Vampiric' properties both HP drain and Essence gain is a bit much.

However, giving Vampires a racial toggle ability that lets them gain Essence instead of HP from any effects or skills that grant HP from damage dealt (i.e. Life Drain) would be nice.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10759#p10759 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:32 am[/url]"]Giving 'Vampiric' properties both HP drain and Essence gain is a bit much.

However, giving Vampires a racial toggle ability that lets them gain Essence instead of HP from any effects or skills that grant HP from damage dealt (i.e. Life Drain) would be nice.
Oh! That's actually a better idea. I'd totally support that.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10759#p10759 Wrote:Chaos » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:32 pm[/url]"]Giving 'Vampiric' properties both HP drain and Essence gain is a bit much.

That's a good idea actually, I'd support it.
My first thought was that this could be easily exploited with Bonder's Legume Install, and Vampiric weapons, but as I thought about it more, you'd basically get more essence with Banquet anyways. It'd take some pretty serious build working to manage serious enough damage with Vampiric weapons for this to be worrisome; and it's not like people don't already go "lol I oocly know you're a vampire so eat holy weapons." Whie I'd argue Vamps don't need more love, I'd also argue that... unless you use a build that has good Vit and Ski, a Vampire is just an Imperialist with 2 less SP and -2/+2 to every stat. Ambidexterity may have given Archer Vamps a way to actually use Banquet ever, but what about low Vit builds that don't get as much use our of Silvermists and unar Lunatism? Or, of course, low hit characters?

I completely understand the arguments both for an against, and I'm leaning for out of simple personal preference; it'd give the low-skill Magepires a way of magically absorbing essence that doesn't require them to pass atrocious hit checksjust to get their Skill back after a few desperate Silvermists.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10759#p10759 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:32 am[/url]"]Giving 'Vampiric' properties both HP drain and Essence gain is a bit much.

It would be nice indeed, mostly 'cuz people would risk using the always forgotten Lunar Lunatism more often, but.. What about the Silvermist spam?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]