Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai names and install status
Currently you can rename your Youkai to whatever you wish, which is great, its awesome, but this can lead to some abuse where you name a Chun as Haku to reel people into using fire on you, simply I will only suggest it lists the Youkai's original name in the description when you hover over a status effect.
I mean. That's sort of a dick move, but people name their stuff whatever they want as of now. Are they installed with Wawa? Drowned woman? Time to squint at their icon for a bit to try and guess. Good luck if they're wearing mostly white.
Personally I think it's ridiculously hard to tell which Youkai is installed sometimes, and Youkai in the same model family: the fairies, the three dragons, kilkenny and byakko, are essentially impossible to tell the difference between just by squinting at the transparent outline from install. I agree that the status effect of install should be changed from 'A youkai has been installed' to 'A youkai (Izabe) has been installed'. Obviously, Izabe would change to whatever type of Youkai it is.

Being sneaky and trying to outwit your opponent is a good thing, but it shouldn't be done with mechanics like name changing.
As much as I agree that the name thing is hitting below the belt, I'm also wondering why you can see which youkai is installed at all. Then again, people can still see things like HP and levels too, so... well, more on-topic and to the point, so long as you're able to see the names of youkai that are installed, it's probably best if people aren't able to pull stunts like this.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Yes please.
Metagaming is against the rules, and tricking people that way is metagaming. Therefore, I fully endorse kicking people who do this in the nards or nard equivalents.

Oh, and I'll support this idea just because "wow, don't be a dick."
*loud burp*
-how- about we stop letting people see others' status, including effects, hp/fp, and number of skill slots

it's 2015, guys. you can't use the "b-but beta testing' excuse to metagame forever
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10823#p10823 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:09 pm[/url]"]-how- about we stop letting people see others' status, including effects, hp/fp, and number of skill slots

that because

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10821#p10821 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:14 am[/url]"]metagaming.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10823#p10823 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:09 pm[/url]"]-how- about we stop letting people see others' status, including effects, hp/fp, and number of skill slots

it's 2015, guys. you can't use the "b-but beta testing' excuse to metagame forever

Because sometimes you just need to double check if they're still visibly suffering from a blatantly obvious status, like immobilize, and there's no other way to check. If everything displayed in the log, that would be one thing, but there's more than enough in the combat log to drown out RP as is sometimes. Once the game won't penalize you for getting distracted and missing a Charge Mind due to not being able to double check, for example, then I'm all for not showing player status.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10823#p10823 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:09 pm[/url]"]-how- about we stop letting people see others' status, including effects, hp/fp, and number of skill slots

Do you even still play. Metagaming is still a thing, and people can abuse blatantly obvious bugs if you can't see their statuses.