Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai names and install status
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10826#p10826 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:49 pm[/url]"]Do you even still play. Metagaming is still a thing, and people can abuse blatantly obvious bugs if you can't see their statuses.

one, didn't stop you, and two, i guess we would know all about that, huh

In any case, there really should be a preference toggle to show 'metagame' information in your status tab. The subject is kind of getting derailed, but I think it's still on topic enough. No to Youkai's real names being shown, and no to all information of that sort being shown at all.
Install was made to give an 'overlay' of what youkai you have installed. Though, due to youkai looking similar half the time, you can't tell because it's like 5% visible. This was changed, by dev, to combat this sort of stuff to begin with.

Now, though, people are abusing it in a different way so it can't be helped and sort of needs to be changed once more.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10831#p10831 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:22 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10826#p10826 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:49 pm[/url]"]Do you even still play. Metagaming is still a thing, and people can abuse blatantly obvious bugs if you can't see their statuses.

one, didn't stop you, and two, i guess we would know all about that, huh

In any case, there really should be a preference toggle to show 'metagame' information in your status tab. The subject is kind of getting derailed, but I think it's still on topic enough. No to Youkai's real names being shown, and no to all information of that sort being shown at all.
it didn't stop you either

I say yes to Installs showing the Youkai's base name. Install isn't obscure nor misleading, and for what it offers, it should never be as such.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Agree with Chaos, so it'll show the base name now.

We can discuss the benefits of making certain information available or unavailable in a different thread. Personally, I think having certain info available is fine, considering everyone has access to that information for everyone else in the battle.
I think the original idea behind this was for it to show 'Install (Custom Name)' and then tell you which Youkai that was when you hovered over it.

It'd be nice to have that, for RP purposes.
I think the way it's been added is better for clarity purposes. It offers no confusion when you look at the name of the status. If you see Install (Asrai), you know it's an Asrai, not someone's Izabe that they renamed Asrai.
It is yes, but before it was better for RP purposes as well, we were thinking of it being something that allows custom names like Install (Pinaka) and then when you mouse over, the description says "A Youkai (Drowned Woman) has been installed"

This was the original intent of this thread.
Frankly I don't see much difference in RP related value.