Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISH PEOPLE
[headline=3]MINAS[/headline]
[Image: tumblr_inline_nfgc56V8Fn1t0m3zm.png]
Back before Heaven's Confrontation, there was once a following for the water element known as Charachin. The water element was kind to his followers, bestowing them features such as fins on the neck, silverish scales somewhere on the body, but some say he bestowed even more onto his more closer followers; fish tails where legs once were. Another gift granted was the ability to breathe for months, even years, underwater.

They'd soon fine that these gifts would help when Charachin soon perished during Heaven's Confrontation. Confused and scared for their well-being, the leaders of these people settled for one plan: hide underwater until it was safe once more. A plan can never work perfectly though, some of them decided to stay on land while others took the quickest end to their lives. Those who stood above the water slowly whittled away until they were nothing more than a myth that sailors told each other during those cold and boring nights on the sea.

The Minas managed to survive after all these years, building a society for themselves and occasionally, but cleverly and very quickly, traded with those on the land. Now, though, they have finally decided to lift the ban on never living on the land and give their race a chance to thrive with others once more.

Aquarians:
Living underwater has made Minas tolerable to any sort of water, absorbing water damage, but they're still not comfortable with large amount of heat, gaining 25% more damage from lighting and fire.

Aebar: 2M, 10FP
It should be obvious that every Minas seems to know a bit of water.
By boiling the natural water found in every creature, it does to the enemy: target's VIT+LVL of caster.

Polluted Gills:
Most Minas are deathly afraid of poison, and for good reason. They gain +2 Movement and LVL/5 Evade (suggested minimum of 1) when poisoned, but also take 25% more damage from poison.

STATS: (okay, replaced now)
STR 3 20%
WIL 4 20%
SK 5 20%
CEL 6 25%
DEF 3 15%
RES 4 20%
VIT 3 30%
LUC 0 0%
FAI 0 0%

I suck at this stat shit, alright?
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I think there is something wrong with these growths... did you use the standard total
edit
you missed 5% from total
Feels like it needs another racial skill. . . And 25% from Fire doesn't make much sense in my eyes. Instead of Light it should be Lightning, yeah.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I like the concept, however I feel that they aren't really... good?

They have a racial that deals Water based damage, which is good since it's a rare-as-hell element < with only 4 sources in the game currently: Kel, Drown, Whirlpool, and Ensui > However, that's also why I don't think I like them either. They get resistance to a rarely used element, and a weakness to two of the most prevalent elements in PVE. I think that might need to be changed. Aquarians should act similar to "Earth Child", gaining Absorb Water and a weakness to Lightning and Earth. It isn't a lot to ask for.

As for Aebar, it doesn't seem... that strong? Assuming someone has decent vit and over-the-top WIL... or just flat out high VIT to make it simple, it'd deal 50 (Vit)+ 1/2*40 (WIL) which means it'll deal about 70 damage to one enemy that is reduced by resistance.. or.. I don't even know what would be used in this case, I think it'd be resistance to resist the magic boiling. Idek. Maybe have it be VIT+LVL, which would still put it horrendously on the useless level, but would provide some usability against people with a water weakness < See: Earth Enchanters >

As it stands now, they kind of look to be a rehash of Elves with their racials leaning towards a slightly useful-useless skill if they decide to go diving for VIT. ( See what I did there? )

Their stats are 1 off on the base-total, and 5% off of the growth-total. 30, 150% is the standard for anything that doesn't have FAITH growths.. usually.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1034#p1034 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm[/url]"]I think there is something wrong with these growths... did you use the standard total
Noooooooooooo. It's, like, 140 instead of 150. Or something. There are reasons I didn't do good in math (aside from sleeping through all of it once).
STR 3 15%
WIL 4 20%
SK 5 25%
CEL 6 25%
DEF 3 15%
RES 5 20%
VIT 4 35%
LUC 0 0%
FAI 0 0%
???
This should meet the other complain brought up by Sderg, too. They kinda had 28 points instead of 30.

"Blissey" Wrote:Feels like it needs another racial skill. . . And 25% from Fire doesn't make much sense in my eyes. Instead of Light it should be Lightning, yeah.
The original thought behind it was fish live underwater a lot where no sun reaches them, so their eyes would hurt a lot from all that light, yo. But, yeah, I can see how that really makes a lot more sense than the "Holy Magic" thing.

I do know that water is pretty much the underused magic, so maybe making it absorb water with 25% increase to fire & lightning would be better.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1036#p1036 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:56 pm[/url]"]
As for Aebar, it doesn't seem... that strong? Assuming someone has decent vit and over-the-top WIL... or just flat out high VIT to make it simple, it'd deal 50 (Vit)+ 1/2*40 (WIL) which means it'll deal about 70 damage to one enemy that is reduced by resistance.. or.. I don't even know what would be used in this case, I think it'd be resistance to resist the magic boiling. Idek. Maybe have it be VIT+LVL, which would still put it horrendously on the useless level, but would provide some usability against people with a water weakness < See: Earth Enchanters >
It's not supposed to be as good as a mage's spell, so a 2M cost would balance it out, I think. It's supposed to be a bit more leaning towards a neutral ground for fighters and mages to us, but that might be better since you love paying attention to these stat/ability things.
Like, I don't know, 2M cost with 10FP? I forgot about those things.
Fund. It.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1037#p1037 Wrote:catabur » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:14 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1034#p1034 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm[/url]"]I think there is something wrong with these growths... did you use the standard total
Noooooooooooo. It's, like, 140 instead of 150. Or something. There are reasons I didn't do good in math (aside from sleeping through all of it once).
STR 3 15%
WIL 4 20%
SK 5 25%
CEL 6 25%
DEF 3 15%
RES 5 20%
VIT 4 35%
LUC 0 0%
FAI 0 0%
???
This should meet the other complain brought up by Sderg, too. They kinda had 28 points instead of 30.

That total for growths is 135, compared to Elves and Liches 150. I think the basis for growths is 150%, with base stats being at 20. So you still have 15 growth to throw out somewhere there.

The water absorb is probably for the best with the weakness to lightning and possibly earth < due to how the water-type enemies are weak to it, but actually strong to fire> might be better, but it does look good on that aspect with lightning/fire. We can always have us some fish sticks. Hehe.

As for Aebar, I'm not saying it should be 'as good as' a mages spell, I'm saying it shouldn't be weaker than performing a basic attack as a WIL or STR user. Which is currently what it is. If it works at 2 M, I could see it being extremely useful. It would allow for nice combos for people who aren't Duelists to be able to land a crit, perform another skill, then use it < a total of 8 momentum used > I very much like that, in fact. It makes it less duelist-centric which is almost always a plus in my book. Vit+LVL vs RES water damage sounds good to me as well. < I'm also unsure if that was a shot at me for looking at stats and attempting balance or not. >
STR 3 20%
WIL 4 20%
SK 5 20%
CEL 6 25%
DEF 3 15%
RES 4 20%
VIT 3 30%
LUC 0 0%
FAI 0 0%

150% in total.
With 28 bonus stats.
(Watch me accidentally repeat one of the other race's growths.)

And I think those are ice types, not water. Or something. I'm stickin' with fire & lightning for that exact reason.

Suppose that would actually work better in the long one. And I'm just joking around in a positive sense. You just seem to be one of the people who really dig into looking at stats and ability worth, is all.
The water enemies in the whirlpool dungeons are just that. Water enemies. "Seacrest" gives them resist fire for weak earth. Which is odd but. Whatevz.

I'm glad atleast someone appreciates me tearing down a suggestion and pointing out things I noticed were off/looked bad.

FIRE/LIGHTNING works fine though. Could stand to use another racial to make them more enjoyable, but for now they seem fine.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1044#p1044 Wrote:Rendar » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 am[/url]"]Could stand to use another racial to make them more enjoyable, but for now they seem fine.

Divas Superious: 3M, 10 FP
By being a follower of the water god and in a humanoid form, Minas can swim while in a water setting (like whirlpool dungeons) which, when used, gives them +10 evade and +1 movement. Also, like a shark jumping out of water with its prey, the status will be broken as soon as the user makes an attack, granting them a 15% damage boost.

Top Fish:
Those sharp teeth aren't just for show, they're quite inclined to eating meat, but mostly fish. While fighting fish enemies, Minas gain a 10% damage boost against them. Food, such as sushi, also lasts them an extra round.

Aquarius Protection: (which can probably just be shoved on the first one)
Being hydrated puts Minas in excellent shape, so water damage heals them by 10% of the intended damage.

I present three to be considered.