Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hop here, hop there.
Crane Hop is a 1M Blink with less cost and a skill, not a spell or anything like that. And so far it has proven to be ridiculous enough to the point where people can't really fight back.

I don't think the problem is with the ability itself though. I believe it's the range.

I suggest changing it to:

Rank 1: 2 range
Rank 2: 3 range
Rank 3: 4 range hop.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
It's a skill that replaces a racial, entirely. "Gain Air" is 1M to gain airborne status. Crane Hop gives Movement, AIRBORNE, and can instead also knock your opponent airborne.

This is a base class skill that pretty much everyone will take anyways. It's ridiculous.
I suggest it takes 3M instead of 1 so people don't bounce around easily.
I suggest it take 3 momentum as well, this is absolutely ridiculous and the sheer stupidity you can achieve with a skill that lets you move for 1 momentum is astronomical.
I'm fine with either reducing it to 3 range, or making it take 3 momentum. If it's reduced to 3 range, they'd have to use it twice to get almost the same distance (which would cost them 3M anyway), but it would still be useful to get just a bit of distance between them and an opponent at the end of a turn if only used once, so a single use would still be helpful in some situations, without being overbearing.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Please make it 3m, kill it with fire it's the most brutally overpowered skill I've encountered in a long time.

craaaane hop, mage invocation to the face

craaaaaane hop, new meditate to heal half your health and focus back

craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane hop, sharenzen, wazabane, or axe kick

Movement is ridiculously valuable in this game, and this skill makes you a monster. Considering Kip-Up WAS one of if not the strongest innate in the game before this update, giving martial artist both makes the base class better than the majority of promoted classes offered.
I don't agree with 3M.

1M may be too easy to throw around but for 3M, outside of the bonus of 'Airborne' or the odd situation where your legs don't work, I don't think I'd really use it.

If you're all pushing for an increase, might I suggest making it 2M instead? At least that allows for some synergy without going overboard.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Agreed with Sly. Either 2M cost or lowered range works in my opinion.

but please KILL IT ;_;
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Yeah, 3M would make the skill kinda not useful.
I would say reduce the Range first, and if it´s still to strong slowly go up with the M costs.

The range probably already makes it already less "HAHA, Try and catch me you sill classes with 5 base movement!". Also it´s less "In ya face invocation!"

Right now you are simply able to jump for 1 M as far as the fastes normal classes can walk, thats far to much.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10925#p10925 Wrote:Slydria » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:55 pm[/url]"]I don't agree with 3M.

1M may be too easy to throw around but for 3M, outside of the bonus of 'Airborne' or the odd situation where your legs don't work, I don't think I'd really use it.

If you're all pushing for an increase, might I suggest making it 2M instead? At least that allows for some synergy without going overboard.
I disagree just about every transportation skill takes 3M (blink, haunting, etc.). I don't think this skill should be any special exception. It's way too useful to be 1M. 3M for hopping X tiles around and/or launching yourself/opponent airborne seems perfectly fine to me. Besides movement isn't even an issue for them you can literally Shukuchi across the map.