Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Houses
This thread kindly welcomes constructive criticism and feedback. That being said, thank you for taking the time to read over this.

Edit: I imagine this concept would probably be a sizeable undertaking in some regards and would like to apologize to Dev in advance for trying to see 'em suffer through development if it gets the green light. *queue evil laugh* Wink

The Idea

House with higher X/Y limits on floors compared to normal houses, possibly anywhere from three to five per major city (I.E. Cellsvich) and a max of two for smaller towns (Tannis).

The Good

This gives guilds a dedicated housing slot, which is something rarely available unless you're up-to-date on house wipes (which at the time of posting, wouldn't be such a bad thing- in my eyes at least) if they're ready for it. On top of this, possibly have them in a separate 'district' than normal residential houses and give them their own defining markers, like a golden plaque or flag/spot for the guild emblem, to further distinguish them from the norm. Lastly, perhaps give guild houses a 'tier' system (Refer to concept of Guild Count).

This would work along with the already in-game Asago House Keys and the other house-related things.

The Possibly Bad

Having this would remove some space for regular houses to occupy, which can be a nuisance as is. (Again, this being part of the initial suggestion and it is up for debate/change just as much as the rest of the suggestion. In my eyes, this would go hand-in-hand with a major map overhaul that would iron out a few kinks such as broken housing districts... yes I'm pointing fingers at YOU, Cellsvich... the rest of this being more-than slightly off topic in regards to the thread.)

The Ugly

Giving them the benefit of a doubt (or trying to at least), people would -possibly- abuse this. Therefore, limitations need to be put in place to prevent someone from going 'lol-make-filler-guild' and suddenly have the biggest house lot available. A quick-fix to this that I see right away is to have a player number required to occupy a guild house, by key alone. Meaning if multiple slots on the same account are in the same guild, they're still counted as a flat one.

Example:

Diz207.1
Diz207.2
Diz207.3

Guild Count = 1

Diz207.1
JohnDoe.3

Guild Count 2
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy