Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lemme just pull my leg out here
See the next post I make in this topic, but basically, it's me against Cleanse Body affecting Cripple Leg.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Slow" is a general term. Anything that reduces your Movement is considered that iirc. It didn't count towards Cleanse Body Before, but now it does.

Cripple Leg also like. Reduces your CEL, which might count as a "Slow" as well. Though slow is an odd term that is never really mentioned as a status effect, so skills really should say what is considered a slow or not with a tag modifier.
"Slow" was an effect that reduced your Movement by LV, if I recall correctly. It never touched CEL or anything else that Cripple Leg would've caused beyond movement impairment. Celsius Shell's charge effect is the only clear Slow effect that I'm currently aware of.

In which case, unless we're going to say that Lingering Damage is close enough to Burn to count, I'd believe the difference between "Slow" and "Cripple Leg" is enough to drive a difference between the two.
If you want to make it so Cleanse Body only applies to the movement impairment portion of Cripple Leg, I'm all for it.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11049#p11049 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 pm[/url]"]If you want to make it so Cleanse Body only applies to the movement impairment portion of Cripple Leg, I'm all for it.
Either that or take Cripple Leg out of Cleanse Body's list entirely. With Celsius' charge effect destroyed by Cleanse Body, and the various movement/long-range skills available, I believe there's enough going against Cripple Leg's 'stop people cold' plan.
The amount of auto-move skills that work in favor of things without Movement is rather high. I would suggest there should be a 'minimum' movement a person can have though, to combat this "stopping someone in their tracks".

3 Squares should probably be the 'minimum' one can move, even with a ton of -MOV stuff. Hell, even 2 is good. It allows some amount of maneuvering, but it doesn't completely shut movement down to 1 square always.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11053#p11053 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:47 pm[/url]"]The amount of auto-move skills that work in favor of things without Movement is rather high. I would suggest there should be a 'minimum' movement a person can have though, to combat this "stopping someone in their tracks".

3 Squares should probably be the 'minimum' one can move, even with a ton of -MOV stuff. Hell, even 2 is good. It allows some amount of maneuvering, but it doesn't completely shut movement down to 1 square always.
A guaranteed 3 Movement minimum (outside of Immobilize) sounds fine.
I'll probably be bombed here by you two, but eh, generally the battle fields aren't that big. Not in a PvP view.
And ways to kite people who gear up against knockbacks (Hi Spiked Threads.) are almost none without Cripple Leg or any sort of Slow/Ice Tiles. (Magic Gunner's Parting Shot aside.) for ranged people.
Also there's a lot of gap-closing skills, alternative movement skills and movement enhancing skills (like Chaser, Charge, Shukuchi, Blink) as they eat all movement impairing easily.

;tl'dr Why not a cripple to 1 square movement? Archers aren't melee brawlers and have to play dirty (kite and trap, mostly) to win.

But well, that's just what I think. [strike]And will surely regret to have said, someday.[/strike]
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Cripple Leg has one hard counter (as in removal method) that I can think of, which is Cleanse Body. I would rather that not disappear, considering how powerful a skill Cripple Leg is. Cleanse Body doesn't even give immunity, meaning there's nothing stopping them from cripple legging you again immediately, which is costing you both FP and 3 momentum to get rid of each time. This isn't even a balance issue in my eyes, because that looks perfectly balanced to me, if not in the archer's favor considering cripple leg is an ATTACK, and if the MA uses Cleanse Body they now need to close any distance the archer/gunner put between the two of them. Which will probably take the rest of their momentum.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]