Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Martial Artist] Gelderpen
Currenty, Geldoren + Mixed Martial Arts is behaving oddly.

- Uses main-hand weapon if not a fist (Tested with: Sword, Axe, and Spear as a Soldier/MA)
- Ignores ambidexterity (cannot force it to use a fist)
*loud burp*
Huh, thats strange. It works on my Kensei/verglas with a Katana in the main hand and fist off hand. Light Thoma just doesn´t seem to use any weapon, but probably intentded.
Is it a "bare fist" off hand, or actual fist weapon?

My theory is it's using my main hand weapon since there's technically no "off-hand" with bare fists.
*loud burp*
It´s a fist, yeah. So you meant with no off hand weapon?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11402#p11402 Wrote:Ranylyn » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:52 pm[/url]"]Currenty, Geldoren + Mixed Martial Arts is behaving oddly.

Yes.
*loud burp*
This should be corrected.
1) It is still happening. Tested with a Nirvana Replica + Completely empty hand.

2) I've also noticed a similar issue with MMA and Ambidexterity across "general" skills that should be useable regardless of weapon type like repel, hanging, banquet, etc. Despite Mixed Martial Arts, they basicaly ignore that you effectively have a bare fist as a "subweapon," despite MMA not working if you have any other subweapon or shield so there shouldn't be a conflict.
*loud burp*
Not happening for me with a Vorpal Fang and an empty hand.
1) After re-testing: You're right about what actually deals the damage; I got thrown off by the display showing the Nirvana Replica and the damage that it would have dealt. I actually had Geldoren Unequipped because I didn't want people to report me for "exploiting" a bug, so I guess I just actually didn't use it once I saw the icon. There's still a small bug to fix, so I won't re-flag this as solved just yet.

2) Everything else that is not weapon-specific cannot be forced to use the bare fist via ambidexterity, though. Considering MA have accuracy innates that give them higher hit than most other weapons, I really do think this should be changed; give you the option to pick aim over power on skills like repel, hanging, banquet, or even just doing blunt damage instead of whatever your main weapon is on Chaser. (Especially on Banquet. Goodness fart. I've been playing a vampire lately and missing banquet from behind purely because it's not letting me use my fist is murder.)
*loud burp*