Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleeing
Bad RP, Bad Mechanics. What have you.

Currently, fleeing requires 6M. Which is all fine and dandy. Until you get to certain classes ability to 'flee' on a turn whenever they are within 4 squares of the border.

Could flee get changed to have you not perform any other actions in the round and take all remaining M you have?
Somehow I don't think this is a common or serious issue.
It happens all the time IC.
(see: crane hop + flee)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
This happens more often than you think. Generally in RP situations where losing the fight results in rather bad consequences. So long as they can get anywhere near the edge.

It's not nearly as bad as say.. Someone having HSDW up and Crane hop > Isenshi to your face in one turn, but this legitimately happens so often that if you want to 'fight' someone with negative side-effects to them losing. You just have someone on your side be a BK to hopefully be able to double forced-move or charge quaking roundtrip.
i think we should make being able to flee easier

let people run to fight another day
1 momentum movement like felidae passive, gain air/burn up + winged serpent and crane hop can flee for 1 momentum movement -> map border, flee.

I heavily suggest making it so that you cannot flee within the same turn as using any skill or movement.
Or take one turn to prepare, and another to flee? (I sorta' support Dev on this one, there's nothing /wrong/ with it.)
People are aiming to shoot down PvP escapes that are EZ for some races/classes, but sadly it might ricochet and wreck on PvE. Remember that old situation where you Bloodsoak 6+ Legumes and have to run like a little girl before they gang and leech the victory away from you. (Double points if you're a low level/wrong classes because mastering them.)
PvE defeats actually costs you Murai and many Equipments/Craft Items, righto'?

Why not a Trait that prevents the enemy's flee? Or Charisma Talent? It wouldn't affect PvE that way.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Making it so that you can't flee if you use a skill that turn literally won't impact PVP in any manner whatsoever.

It just means that you can't Crane Hop > Insta flee.

You can still Crane Hope > Shukuchi > MOVE..

Next turn? Flee.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11469#p11469 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:43 pm[/url]"]Making it so that you can't flee if you use a skill that turn literally won't impact PVP in any manner whatsoever.

It just means that you can't Crane Hop > Insta flee.

You can still Crane Hope > Shukuchi > MOVE..

Next turn? Flee.

In my opinion that is fine, however fleeing the same turn you move is not.
Meanwhile, in PVE, if things are so bad that you need to flee, the existing mechanics just shoot you in the face. The chance to flee is based purely on your Cel + Luc which dicks over a very large chunk of classes (I once tried to flee as a BK because my weapon was broken and could not hit, and was out of FP for autohits, and it took me 158 turns before I finally succeeded. Don't you dare tell me that it should take so many attempts, especialy since I obviously could not die.)

I'm not in favor of yet another "lol let's make things worse for PVE because people are pissing me off in PVP."
*loud burp*