Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Balancing: Mage
This is the third balancing post in the long list. It is only a single suggestion me and several others agree on.

1. High Speed Divine Words invocations now suffer from repeat action penalty. It costs 3m to initiate the invocation, then 4m to cast it. In total, it takes 7 momentum to cast an invocation with this ability up.

Justification:
With our new lord and savior crane hop in the game to stay (Dev won't touch it anymore), and the almighty Screaming Tome invalidating silences and hexes, this change will prevent people from casting a CM overload or isenshi right in your eye hole after hopping over or purging silence with screamer.
I think this is completely fair.
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing
This is going to make lingering damage that triggers resists (like Sear) really suck, but I'm for it.
I'm down for this too.
Agreed, hands down one of the best changes for playing safe around evokers
If everyone else is for it, I see no reason to not throw my support in as well.
*loud burp*
I feel like I should play devil's advocate here with a touch of bias.

While Crane hop and Screamer cheese aside, HSDW would be worthless if you're dealing with silence. Why should I use HSDW if its going to take 2 turns to cast anyway? Aside from that, I don't believe that striking CM or HSDW is the way to go. I'm not entirely sure where to hit them as I feel they need more of an entire rework on their mechanics.

Namely, Crane Hop and Screamer more than the mage class itself. As many are in agreement Screamer needs to be adjusted. Even 2m would solve this, though I question the benefit of using screamer instead of throatopener then (much like silent prayer now). Either way, I cannot fully support this as the only viable change; though I agree something should be done.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
"I question the benefit of using screamer instead of a throat opener."

Screamer laughs at your silence hex. That's why Screamer > Throat Opener.
let's let mages have some way to fight back when one status effect can completely shut them down
Let's have a status effect actually hinder them in some way rather than invalidate the status that prevents spells entirely. You should be able to escape invocations (they tend to hurt, shocker) with proper positioning or infliction. You currently cannot due to Crane Hop and Screaming Tome.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11705#p11705 Wrote:iDarkCara » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 pm[/url]"] Why should I use HSDW if its going to take 2 turns to cast anyway?

Because even if you get silenced (which can be resistable or dodged outside of Absolute Fear), you can run away to create distance and begin the invocation, you can cast a spell and then begin the invocation, you can do a whole extra action to help you the next turn with the invocation. How do you approach a mage with CM and HSDW active who kipups to full momentum? You don't, no matter what kind of nasty Void Assassin or Hexer or Gunner you are. Silence is meant to hurt mages, it is not meant to hurt mages until they have a Screaming Tome.