Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Balancing: Mage
since this is slowly becoming a silence topic

the only other status in the game that comes close to being as debilitating as silence is is hesitation, and shocker, the only real source of it was called to be nerfed. because having you ability to fight back being taken away sucks.

i'd be all for redoing silence's effect, but as it is now, i dont think that mage needs to be touched at all

(also hdsw is an evoker skill, even though it affects all mage promos.)
What can be used by different mage classes when silenced.

Curates lose access to everything but their staff. However they get a 3M silence cure so, technically they're never 'locked out' unless fully hexed. Still, this is a negative as LB and Priest have nothing they can do when silenced.

Mages have some options. An evoker, sadly, doesn't. Hexers on the other hand have a plethora of "SKILL" hexes that mess with their opponent if they hit them, causing them to think twice. That's all for them though.

Summoners have a metric fuck-ton of skills/spells so. They don't really count.

These are the only classes that actually suffer from being silenced. No other class does, and Silence right now is either a "This breaks these classes to the point where they're unusable" or "This was a waste of 3+ Momentum to silence them" if they wielded a SCREAMING tome. So, you know. Take your pick on where it lands. If we nerf Screaming tome without nerfing Silence altogether, these mage classes will suffer more than they already do. If we nerf silence without nerfing screamer, it invalidates it for the most part.

While I know this has sort of got off topic, like Mega said, let's continue on since this is a "nerf HSDW because Crane Hop/Screamer".

If we simply change up the way silence works to allow 'levels'. Somewhat like Hesitation is now, except it affects your chance to cast a spell. It doesn't remove Mages as a whole if they get silenced. However it doesn't invalidate the current methods to cure it. Or we could just go with the normal route and go "Hey lets have silent prayer give immunity" which means everyone moves back to being LB/Priest Main so they can benefit from that single skill+Healing
Give screaming tome a scaling health cost throughout several rounds, or a scaling momentum cost.

like within 3 rounds of using screaming tome once, the momentum cost is upped to 2, then 3, then 4, but resets after 3 rounds, and the round duration isnt renewed simply by using screamer again.
I would rather just make HSDW a Main Class skill as far as nerfing it is concerned.

....And probably make Crane Hop a Main Class skill too, while we're at it.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
make HSDW a base-class skill in Mage. Then make it a main class skill. Let's see what happens. Smile

(also crane hop nerf never Sad )
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11720#p11720 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:43 pm[/url]"]make HSDW a base-class skill in Mage. Then make it a main class skill. Let's see what happens. Smile

(also crane hop nerf never Sad )
I see no reason for Promoted Skills to be safe from the Main Class restriction, nor do I see why HSDW should become Base Class.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye