Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mage Skill - Domain Mastery
If that occured, Mega. Then Evoker would need an overall nerf.

-25% Resist? You can make people weak to your already 2.5x damage spells.

I like the original suggestion, it just needs a few nerfs/changes.
Then I read propose my original suggestion, but with no negative resists
Maybe we should just stick it on Evoker and make it apply to Mage and Evoker spells. I think Hexer has enough going for it already, and I don't really feel it fits the elemental specialization gimmick. I can agree to it not reducing people back into their "Weak!" state. Actually, I would prefer if it only ignored resistance for the purpose of damage, and still triggered resist.

That said, I'm also putting the following alternative on the table:

Domain Mastery
Ranks: 5
Class: Evoker
Type: Passive (Main Class only)
The character has learned that focus is power, and has applied this to a single domain to take it to new levels. While equipped, hitting an enemy with a Mage or Evoker offensive spell inflicts permanent Elemental Break (Domain) status at LV dependent on rank. Additional hits of the same domain power up the status LV by rank, but if the target is struck by an offensive spell from a different domain, the status ends. (Elemental Break ignores elemental resistance against Mage or Evoker spells of the inflicted domain by up to LV%.)

Rank 1: LV1.
Rank 2: LV2.
Rank 3: LV3.
Rank 4: LV4.
Rank 5: LV5. Additionally, if all equipped spells share the same domain, they ignore the target's elemental absorption and immunity.

With this alternative it's no longer an instant nuke passive, but an advantage the mage would need to build up to, and limit their offensive casting options to a single element to keep.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I like the alternative actually. How would it work with multiple evokers? Would they be capable of benefiting one another? Would they be capable of breaking the other's Elemental Break?

Would it still allow for a person to knock someone into negative Elemental Resistance? I'm for it, but it raises a few issues considering where a Spell Tank falls (myself being one). I build resistance and RES to be tanky. If their first 3 spells of a category don't hurt me too much, then it progressively gets worse and worse, what exactly am I supposed to do? I'm in a permanently locked down state where them spamming spells on me reduces my elemental resistance down by 5 for that specific element. Possibly even making me WEAK to the element (which really starts wracking high damage because hello 5% extra damage before RES is applied).

What about multi hits like Sear?

Sorry that I have a lot of questions Zakizo. I just want to get a full grasp of this and help it evolve into something that works for everyone involved.
That sounds like a good idea to, but evoker is sort of about instant nuking. I would also like to see them have some survivability if the build up is going to be a thing. Because their only survival tactic right now is to kill the other things first, Lazarus wind not included
Let me try to break this into parts.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11915#p11915 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:55 pm[/url]"]I like the alternative actually. How would it work with multiple evokers? Would they be capable of benefiting one another? Would they be capable of breaking the other's Elemental Break?
I'm not sure how to answer this one. There are pros and cons to both, but I personally think it would be best if their Elemental Breaks were separate, like how Claret Call was changed to be.

Quote:Would it still allow for a person to knock someone into negative Elemental Resistance?
No.

Quote: I'm for it, but it raises a few issues considering where a Spell Tank falls (myself being one). I build resistance and RES to be tanky. If their first 3 spells of a category don't hurt me too much, then it progressively gets worse and worse, what exactly am I supposed to do? I'm in a permanently locked down state where them spamming spells on me reduces my elemental resistance down by 5 for that specific element. Possibly even making me WEAK to the element (which really starts wracking high damage because hello 5% extra damage before RES is applied).
Potentially you could be hitting 0 in the spell resistance, but you'd be far from locked down. It does nothing to your RES as a stat, any passive damage reduction you may have that isn't elemental resistance, and if you're a mage and having trouble damaging them back by the time they power up the status to that degree, you probably weren't going to win anyway. Creating a situation where they're encouraged to use another element could also be to your advantage.

Quote:What about multi hits like Sear?
How about making it only able to activate once per round? The cinders may raise the level on the new round, but any further hits from Fire that round won't. It should also ease the pain of elemental resistance dropping, since it won't be happening a bunch of times in one round at all (and really doesn't need to).

Quote:Sorry that I have a lot of questions Zakizo. I just want to get a full grasp of this and help it evolve into something that works for everyone involved.
It's helpful, so it's nothing to apologize for. I appreciate your input.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11916#p11916 Wrote:MegaBlues » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 pm[/url]"]That sounds like a good idea to, but evoker is sort of about instant nuking. I would also like to see them have some survivability if the build up is going to be a thing. Because their only survival tactic right now is to kill the other things first, Lazarus wind not included
Sorry for the double post. Tank mages are real, they only have survivability problems if you built them to have survivability problems. I got into quite a long fight against a Monk with an Evoker recently, and the only reason it shifted out of my advantage defensively was because [strike]Geldoren apparently stacks with itself[/strike] (maybe not, that might have been something else). But they have about as much survivability as you want them to.
Trust me Zakizo. As a mage tank with Zach, his only 'resistance' to charge mind stuff is the actual RESIST stat. A certain someone can smack people in point blank Magaisendo range for 500+ damage with a CM.. which means that Resistance will do nothing. The only 'defense' against it for me being that I can guard. ((which can be broken with KD > Spell, unlike Evasion/WG)).

So yeah. While I'm cool with this. Some damage numbers may need to be shifted so that cases of "instantly die" don't happen if the person just stands across the field using magaisendo every round and running circles around you until they can finally 1-shot you.

It raises issues with field-wide attacks so. It might have to be if you cast a spell against a target within RANK+3 range to make it a bit more balanced.
I see what you mean. I think the best solution may be to go with your idea and make it so that all Mage/Evoker spells can inflict or power up the status within Rank+3 range, but only Mage spells gain the element resistance pierce. That way it's probably not necessary to even cap the reduction, and... maybe people will actually use spells like Isendo (which to my knowledge, no one even equips once they have Magaisendo/Isenshi, let alone uses). All of the Mage skills have a short range by default, so that should stop any major kiting from going on. If we go with all of that it would belong on Mage instead of Evoker, but I don't have any problem with that, as Evoker spells have CM to help with resists anyway.
I assume this sort of thing is meant to stack additively and not 5% of 25, for example.

If you're focusing on one element, you could just make the skill only take effect if all of the spells in your skill pool share a domain. I imagine such a restriction would let you get a more powerful benefit too.