Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By Trade [Non-Combat Characters]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11945#p11945 Wrote:Neus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:34 pm[/url]"]I don't know if crafting should be giving comparable EXP to monster hunting considering how much more time consuming the latter is. Not to mention the potential for abuse via very combat oriented characters taking the trait, getting a bunch of easy-to-get mats, and hitting 60 in 20 minutes.

Mind you, I think the -intent- here is good and I'd like to offer this sort of playstyle, but I'd rather the idea a bit more refined to deal with cases like the above where people are just gaming the system instead of playing with it to enhance their roleplay/etc.
I think you are blowing the 'powergaming potential' way out of proportion. The exact reasons being:
1. Grinding via crafting would require a constant flow (or ungodly large stack) of materials in order to even make any attempts, whereas players have no natural limitations on getting into a PvE fight.
2. Grinding via monster hunting often rewards the player with mura, materials and equipment; at later stages, some gains can be sold for major profit. Crafting, on the other hand, only gets what they craft for; profits are solely based on how well they can convince others to buy their products.
3. I'm quite sure there is no way in hell that someone under level 10 can grab that trait and grind to 60 in even an hour, much less half an hour. (There are certainly no 'Crazy' recipes in crafting, nor any Arena specials) In fact, anyone aiming to grind straight to 60 via crafting is strapped into a long and incredibly repetitive and tedious process.
4. Most higher difficulty recipes require materials that aren't easily obtained, unless they want to spend five-six digits worth of Mura just for some crafting grind. A sizable chunk of materials would often be found in Dungeons anyhow.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11946#p11946 Wrote:Rendar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:38 pm[/url]"]If that is your concern though, Dev. Can't you simply make crafting things take up stamina? Hell, even simply making it so that you can't craft items if you're at your encumbrance also works.

Honestly making crafting take up stamina equal to the recipe level and bumping up the EXP gained from crafting would be a much simpler solution.
What is the amount gained from crafting now, and what would you think about changing it to? Would it be enough of a change for a fresh character to reach 60 in 72 hours, without fighting anything ever?

Also, what is the stamina usage and stamina formula? Is it something like WIL=Mental Stamina, i.e., 60 WIL, 60 MS? If so, I'd like to suggest Difficulty = Stamina Usage, as well as Alchemy (non-furniture), Tome, and Enchanting take Mental, and smithing and tool craft take Physical.

The thing about encumbrance, too. Why make what you can't hold?
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11964#p11964 Wrote:Neus » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:11 am[/url]"]Honestly making crafting take up stamina equal to the recipe level and bumping up the EXP gained from crafting would be a much simpler solution.

If you plan on doing this, I really think this shouldn't apply to crafting furniture items (even if that means they won't get extra exp for it) for a few reasons:

- The amount of furniture you can put in a house is huge! Assuming the stamina use is 1:1, that's 200 Stamina to fill up a normal floor. (325 with Furniture Planners.)

- I find I like to experiment with furniture choices which means crafting furniture that I don't actually end up using because I don't think it looks nice, adding to the stamina drain and wait time I'd need.

- Furniture for the most part doesn't have a benefit gameplay-wise that things like making weapons or crafting potions do.

So yes, I think it would be more inconvenient than helpful if this change applied to furniture but I'm fine for this to apply to the other stuff if that means it offers a good chunk of experience.

EDIT: I realize this change might be also inconvenient for people who run shopkeepers that sell things like Weapon Parts, Tools, Food, etc for profit. I'm not sure how to strike a fair balance in regards to that however.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
If we're going with raising EXP for craft levels, as an attempt to be helpful I would suggest 1% total EXP required for level-up per the item's skill level, or 3 * the craft's skill level, whichever is higher. Something like that should be guaranteed to scale reasonably well at all levels. I would still like for us to have traits for improving crafts, however, so taking the bonuses suggested and making traits out of them would be nice (even though I agree with Chaos in the regard that the Science trait needs a serious buff. Something like adding +1 to the received materials on successful non-raremetal rolls sounds good to me).
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]