Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sayakana
An accessory that has been overtuned for the absolute longest time, the absolute main source of "Guess the non-resistance" minigames, 1 slot that gives you a universal 10% damage reduction for equipping already one of the best enchants in the game.

Some of the things I've been able to abuse with Sayakana include:

Slapping it on my 900HP Tank to theoretically give them 90 more HP thanks to -ALL- Damage resistances

Pairing it up with golden glow to resist message literally every element except Acid/Akashic/Null (With planetarium mayelia, leather red cape, canvas dark walkers, chainmail boar bands to resist Sound/slash/blunt/pierce naturally)

Pairing it up with a Cloak of many colors to resist Fire/Ice/Lightning/Wind to shut down literally anyone who wants to run any semblance of an elemental based character, or make evokers cry.

It's been suggested before that Sayakana be changed to a damage reduction than a full out resist, and I agree wholeheartedly with that.
I'd suggest it go first in the damage reduction order to still make it worth it as an accessory slot.

Discuss.
The only things I can think of, barring the fogginess from a hiatus, regarding changing it to DR:

- = You're taking something that's a sizeable headache to work around and leaving it as a slightly-lesser headache (refer to the next con).
-- = You're taking something that addresses elemental resistances and applying it over an even broader band of things.

+ = Your Momentum will no longer scream in pain from Sayakana, only you will. . . and your opponent when you bop them enough (hopefully).

-----

Didn't we have an OOC discussion about this once-upon-a-time way-back-when and Dev commented on it? I was wanting to say he supported the idea but said there'd have to be testing or something along those lines.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11994#p11994 Wrote:Exxy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:13 pm[/url]"]
-- = You're taking something that addresses elemental resistances and applying it over an even broader band of things.

It's already a universal -5% or -10% to everything but life drain essentially already, this changes nothing but the order in which it reduces damage, as everything has an element (barring life drain)
I'm 100% in favor of making it a flat DR instead of resistance for the sake of not murdering momentum.
*loud burp*
For the people who don't know how things apply..

Resistances (to elements) apply before all. These stack with eachother perfectly. 20% Fire Resist + 30% Fire resist = 50% Fire resist!
Then it goes to applying your STATS if they apply (DEF or RES).
Then it applies DR. This doesn't stack with itself too well. 10% DR + +10% DR = 19% DR. It only gets worse with higher numbers (( 50% DR + 50% DR being 75% DR ))

Changing this to DR has a number of benefits. It makes momentum not scream (but most people, if they're attack, don't usually double tap a single spell. They have other ones). It murder momentum on phys attackers if you can't crit, but that's generally 'easy'ish. Now then. It also reduces the bonus of this horrendously powerful item. Instead of reducing more than 10%, you reduce by an actual 10% of incoming damage. Which, in and of itself, is good. It won't exactly stop the stupid-tank meta we have no against physical damage, but it will make it so that it isn't cringe worthy.

I'm all for this, even if it does mean I get nerfed in the end. Rustic didn't have any right to be that good.