Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[REQ] Mallus
1. Would it be possible to have Dullahan NPCs roaming around the city?
1a. Varying power? (lvl 40 - 60 during the day IC, lvl 50 - 70 during the night)
1b. Varying types? (raw melee during the day, a mix of magic-users, swordsman, lancers, etc during the night)
1c. Varying amounts? (1-3 per encounter during the day, 5-8 per encounter during the night)
1d. Semi-unique drops plus one unique drop for a tiny chance when defeating those above lvl 64?)

2. How big is the city?
2a. Since it's a castle-city, what sort of rooms do you absolutely want included?
2b. Any notable structures/areas?
2c. How many people lived in it the city just before the event that left it abandoned?

3. What sort of resources (icons, primarily) would you okay with being incorporated?
3a. Tilesets that everyone has access to?
3b. Recolored tiles/objects/etc with credit given?
3c. Icons made from scratch?

4. Do you want new battleground maps made for this city?
4a. Can the battleground-map-generating-thing that happens during Black Beast attacks be incorporated here?

More questions might pop up, stay tuned.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
1) Mad Dullahans aren't usually magic users but I can see the need for a variety. Either way this was always my intention for the place.

2) I'd say it's medium sized. Probably about as big as Chaturanga's left sector, if I were going to map it. Excluding interiors, obviously.
2a) I always imagined it as having a town inside of the castle walls with the castle itself up some stone stairs at the north end of the town.
2b) Not off the top of my head.
2c) A decent amount, although its glory days were gone and many people sought opportunities elsewhere. More than Dormeho and Tannis, less than Cellsvich (by a large amount).

3) I'd prefer open use/free tilesets or 'from scratch' icons. opengameart.org has some, as do the existing map files in the editor. If you can find something which has been modified extensively enough, though, that's probably fine.

4) Up to you.
4a) It can be.
Where are the door icons ;-;

Specifically?
[strike]Not the house door icons, just some sort of 2 tile long, 1 tile wide door to place down. If the boarded door that come up during Black Beast attacks are somewhere, too, I'd love to know where those are. I scoured and couldn't find 'em.[/strike]

Nevermind, I'm no longer tired and found 'em pretty easily. Still fiending for the boarded door icon, though.

They should be in rubble.dmi, but that icon might not be in the turf folder. Let me know if it is or is not. It's just an overlay, though, not an entire door icon.
I can't find rubble.dmi but I can make do with what I got. I also don't plan to bother with the entrance/exit markers for getting in and out of the city, so I'll be leaving that to you.

Edit: Also, a preview of what's to come.

[Image: 124uce1.png]

The map's done on my end. Now it's up to Dev on if/when it gets incorporated.