Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snakescale and Ether. Its just iron, but a little better?
Currently, snakescale and ether on torso items only give +3 HP, and +3 FP respectively, which only make them slightly better than iron.
How about a bit more use instead of it just being breakdown material?

I think this needs a buff. What about +15 max HP on a snakescale torso, and +15 max FP on an ether torso?

Thoughts?
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Nah, go big or go home. 45+ max HP and 45+ max FP.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Akame" Wrote:Currently, snakescale and ether on torso items only give +3 HP, and +3 FP respectively, which only make them slightly better than iron.

I think this needs a buff. What about +15 max HP on a snakescale torso, and +15 max FP on an ether torso?

Thoughts?

That would be better than they are now, but they would also be more viable if changed to HP/FP recovery, no matter how small. I'd be fine with either.

Since you mentioned iron, I feel it needs a selling point of its own. It has no appeal on equipment as it is, and that means that no one will really use it if they can help it... for anything outside of training the craft, at least.

"Egil" Wrote:Nah, go big or go home. 45+ max HP and 45+ max FP.

I would rather we not do this. Partially because those values are simply too large, partially because it grants a hefty advantage to a race that already has one (Glykin), and partially because it not only blows other material bonuses out of the water, but it also rivals or even beats some of the enchants that give similar bonuses. That may be a bit much for something as minor as a material.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
How about making it 3% instead?
On the averange 400HP character thats only 12(For FP usually less), but for those that actually go for that high HP/FP it´s getting useful.

Alternatively, How about making this material actually regen HP/FP a round? that would also make those item quite decently.
Not sure about the exact number. but torso +3 and rest +1 sounds actually ok to me. makes the full set +7 a round
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12349#p12349 Wrote:Zakizo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 pm[/url]"]
"Akame" Wrote:Currently, snakescale and ether on torso items only give +3 HP, and +3 FP respectively, which only make them slightly better than iron.

Thoughts?

That would be better than they are now, but they would also be more viable if changed to HP/FP recovery, no matter how small. I'd be fine with either.

Since you mentioned iron, I feel it needs a selling point of its own. It has no appeal on equipment as it is, and that means that no one will really use it if they can help it... for anything outside of training the craft, at least.

"Egil" Wrote:Nah, go big or go home. 45+ max HP and 45+ max FP.

I would rather we not do this. Partially because those values are simply too large, partially because it grants a hefty advantage to a race that already has one (Glykin), and partially because it not only blows other material bonuses out of the water, but it also rivals or even beats some of the enchants that give similar bonuses. That may be a bit much for something as minor as a material.

I actually like the regen idea a lot more.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
No Shu, please no, no more percentages. I still have nightmares about Bonder ._.

JOKES ASIDE!! Yes, as a professional Ether gatherer, I'd like to see my 'fated' material getting some love. Same to Orichalum, it's unique role wise, but it's fairly useless as it doesn't meet the PvP meta, there's a level cap when you get 60 and here goes the weapon's passive down the hill. (Maybe make it have a tiny chance to blind people? 3~6%? Nightflower is funny and unique too, and actually useful in a way.)

Also the regeneration idea sounds good, 'Snakes' in weeb-fu are related to those sorts of stuff, Ether material would be more of a 'spellcaster' thing, as it reduces durability and the usefulness of the said weapon in exchange for offering the user Focus, thus explaining why it's so fragile and 'ethereal' as it can repair itself.

So, tl;dr, pls dev,we (aka kunai) need this badly
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12353#p12353 Wrote:Snake » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 am[/url]"]No Shu, please no, no more percentages. I still have nightmares about Bonder ._.

PAINPROOF. PAINPROOF PERCENTAGES! SUFFER IN TORMENT! *evil diabolical laughter.*

Percentages are only insane when added to massive numbers (Example: 30% on potentially 300+ is a ton more than 30% on a 40.) That said, hp/fp numbers do indeed get big, and with percentages, I could potentialy see hp stacking above all else becoming a meta of it's own once again. thanks to skills like madchop.

I think a very small regen makes more sense. Like +1 per piece. Minute, yes, but it stacks with other regen effects, and is already better than +3 hp/fp after just a few turns. I'm worried that making it any better than that will cause many builds to surface that make people call for nerfs. For example, I already have a glykin BK/hexer who does most of their PVE damage via elemental shield and simply not ever dying. Making this PVP viable would no doubt see Elemental Shield, a hiariously situational skill that probably 95% of soldiers don't ever get to use, nerfed purely from bad decision making in making Snakescale too good.
*loud burp*
But I wanted to see the 1000 hp trent =/ Fine, no percentages!

Even when I think the regen is actually stronger xD
Percentage healing would be food for Hexers with Interference and Decay.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]