Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Starting Positions
Can we please, PLEASE fix joining combat mid-match?

I joined a PVP match with 3 other people. They spawned far the hell away from the enemy team. Me?

I spawned right beside both people on the enemy team. Literally 1 square away, then proceeded to get ganked because I don't get a starting turn. Maybe make it so that when you join a fight, you start a good distance away from the actual fight?

Thanks.
I interpret it as, "___ runs into the scene, right next to the enemy/enemies."

That being said, ANYONE can get ganked the instant they show up in a fight. I highly doubt this kind of change will really impact much in this current meta.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
It'll stop people from getting insta-gibbed by 3 people getting full momentum to attack while the person doesn't get any. What I'm suggesting is they arrive on the scene a LITTLE BIT FARTHER AWAY from the enemy. Or near an ally on the field. Just give a 5-6 square circle around enemies that people cant spawn so weird janky gank stuff doesnt' happen. ((because a slow person waiting to invite someone fast at the end of the round lets this sort of stuff happen to provide optimal ganks too))
Now. I haven't been on SL2 in what feels like weeks now. But considering the nature of these threads I think you already know what's going to happen. But first, let me explain why this shouldn't happen.

The first being, people shouldn't be jumping in the middle of fights to begin with. I'm not sure where the people of Sigrogana are from or what kind of upbringing they have. But where I'm from this is a simple case of Run up, Get done up. Now for those who don't understand this saying I'll explain it to you. It means 'If you jump into a fight you're not supposed to be in. You're the first one getting knocked out.' This makes sense to me as people don't like it when other people stick there nose in business not their own. I certainly don't. 'But how can they just do that from a surprise attack' I can hear you asking as the sodium chloride consumes you. To that I reply, 'Instinct' If someone runs up on you while tempers are high then you're doing one of two things either flinching or swinging before whatever preceived threat trying to sucker punch you.

'But it makes more sense that they spawn far away rather than up close when jumping into a fight!' You continue spewing as you salivate salt. Well the answer is 'Not really.

See, I don't know much about coding. But in my opinion the starting positions of any fight is one of the few balanced things going on in PvP right now. Because I know if certain people -know- where you're going to start out at in battle that the first three rounds of every fight is going to be a buff fest. Even more than it already can be. That kind of predictability can and more than likely will screw over anyone going against Mages/Monks/Gunners/ Anyone who relies on buffs.

td;lr:
[Image: Too-much-salt.jpg]
^ So you're saying that if your best friend/spouse/child/etc is under attack and you try to protect them, you deserve to be done in for interfering? No offense, and pardon my language, but you can just fuck right off with that nonsense.

"But what if they have no business entering the fight!? "YOU ARE GIVEN A PROMPT IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM, YOU CAN SAY NO.

100% on bored with this proposed change. Spawn on the map border. Because realistically, you need time to close in.
*loud burp*
To expand on this, it'd be handy if battlefield was set into two halves, each party starting on their on half. Perhaps a certain talent could make this possible, and higher ranks of it would also allow specific positioning. I imagine it'd not be that easy to implement, but if my squishmage is being shielded by McTank before battle, it's not very fun to have them spawned in opposite of each other, especialy if the mage happens to have more enemies in range than allies.
Nah, sometimes people will spam party invites on you and you're trying to type something/move/attack/etc and you'll accidentally add them in, and it's annoying as fuck because you then either have to restart the fight OOC'ly or just let them fuck up whatever you didn't want them to jump into.

"Oh but you can just turn off party invites!"

Nah, fuck off with your own nonsense. Poor playing shouldn't be excused just because there's a feature that negate some of it- and I really shouldn't have to flip off party invites to avoid randoms hopping into a fight they have no business in. I disagree with the changes proposed by the OP.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Okay, since you're being confrontational, Egil.

I didn't have business in a fight that someone started at the arena? That was someone attempting to murder someone else? It's in my characters description to do exactly that.

Did I ask you for a party invite? No. I asked someone else on your team for it and now you're screaming the words faggot and the like.

Please shut up and stop being obtuse.

Like seriously. Stop.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12561#p12561 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:57 am[/url]"]Okay, since you're being confrontational, Egil.

I didn't have business in a fight that someone started at the arena? That was someone attempting to murder someone else? It's in my characters description to do exactly that.

Did I ask you for a party invite? No. I asked someone else on your team for it and now you're screaming the words faggot and the like.

Please shut up and stop being obtuse.

Like seriously. Stop.

My post was aimed at Ran, I just forgot to quote him. I already said my peace, tho.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12553#p12553 Wrote:Ranylyn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 am[/url]"]^ So you're saying that if your best friend/spouse/child/etc is under attack and you try to protect them, you deserve to be done in for interfering? No offense, and pardon my language, but you can just fuck right off with that nonsense.

"But what if they have no business entering the fight!? "YOU ARE GIVEN A PROMPT IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM, YOU CAN SAY NO.

100% on bored with this proposed change. Spawn on the map border. Because realistically, you need time to close in.
1. No, you're taking an exception to the rule and using it to debase what Psych is talking about. In other words, you're being a dick.
2. You can prompt another party member to let you in, so unless it's a 1v1, said point is moot.

That being said, let's stay a little more on topic folks, and not use this as confrontation grounds if we can help it.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye