Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racial Trait Rebalance
I'm gonna' keep this short and sweet. Some races have incredibly powerful racials (Felidae's Instinct cutting into the momentum cost of moving depending on how low their health is) while others have weak/useless racials (Zeran's Superiority/Crown of Heaven traits). I think that this should be adjusted in some way- personally, I lean towards a slight buff for the races on the low end of the racial trait stick rather than nerfing those with the stronger traits (seriously, a Phenex's revive is the weakest and most costly form of revival out there and it shouldn't be, imo.)

Thoughts????
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I've literally made a gigantic thread about rebalancing. I think it's in Balance Fu or Suggestions. ((Trex was the one who posted it))
If you mean this (http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...4145#p4145), it's over a year old. Let's revive it here!
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Personally, since a phenex's revive lets ANY class revive allies, it's 100% fine that it's weak and costly in comparison to class revives, if one is clever enough with Impact Revive and other such methods of stopping your ally from dropping again instantly. (Ex: a BK Phenex protecting after reviving, a Bonder phenex healing, a Rogue phenex dropping a gust trap, etc)

In fact, ages ago when the skill glitch was rampant (many characters' skill stat was somehow reset to their base or below, leading to high level characters who couldn't hit sweet jack all) my phenex Kensei/monk still had a place in parties purely for Revive/Aid (low will and trash heals,, sure, but it could still be used twice in one turn back then.) My issue with phenex is the sheer "lol fuck you, lose half your FP despite having an ally nearby who can revive you for almost free - oh and you revived in a hazard tile so you're dying again immediately." aspect of the race. It penalizes going down far more heavily than any other race does, and is STUPID.

(I don't play phenex at all anymore because of this, and they were a favorite of mine pre-change - reviving only at max FP rewarded restrained play and clever FP management - and you could simply spend FP to choose to stay down. Now, I do agree with the argument that this meant some classes could never revive as a phenex, such as ghost, whose max FP increased as their health dropped, or summoners, who, even with enough sustain to keep one youkai out for free, were technically always below full since sustain cost came out after the regen. BUT, I feel making it ALWAYS happen with NO TOGGLE is the single worst thing to ever happen to phenex as a race.)
*loud burp*