Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lion Shield
[Image: oL7eb2d.png] Level 59. Level sixty gets 9 duration and if I'm not wrong, +14 str.
[Image: 06b36022f4acdf2540848421c7f4e079.png]

Easily obtainable in a chest. Only downside being no material. (Hardly enough to equalize.)

It grants Guard, gives this for three momentum.
Comparable item - Metallic Magic gauntlet. Gives +8, has no material, but requires you getting a drop of two items, combining them together through alchemy. Guard only usable when effect is in use and it also doesn't last as long as this.

I'd hazard a guess that this is a mere oversight given that Byakkos roar is rather fine and that this was a lazy copy of the skill. (But, it has the downside of the grind to sixty.)

Suggesting reducing effect to 3 rounds, or lowering str bonus by half/quarter
This also locks out an easy 10% damage reduction and, unlike Hands of the Giant (which gives a similar STR boost just by being equipped and upgraded), does not allow sub-weapon access. Let's not forget that Steal can now be accessed by practically anyone and MGs can tell your massive STR buff to die in a ditch.

We should probably adjust this to where a Level 60 gets +12 STR for 8 Rounds, but other than that, it really doesn't need a nerf.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Hands of the Giant, as far as I know, are a ten-star item, which you have to upgrade for a hefty price, and also -find-. (This takes TEN MINUTES to aquire. Reliably.)
Not allowing sub-weapon access is irrelevant, as many will choose to wear a shield due to ..guess what, easy 10% damage reduction in the form of 1M leftover. (Also if I'm not mistaken, you're talking about a class specific skill, so not for everyone either.)
MGs null shell is hardly an answer, as not only it requires Overcharge + Shoot (6M) it also gives a cooldown period AND is not that good of a choice in comparison to other shells, unless they have more buffs you'd like to get rid of. And guess what, they can just spend 3M to get it back, leaving you with a full turn of being unable to remove it again. (So, incase you were trying to have them lose that and only that buff, you're better off with a sonic shell under the circumstances they'd really want to re-apply it. Just an example.)

Steal is a CEL based move, something not all have and to add, they would either have to have the class, or sacrifice the slot of subweapon. Along with the fact you exactly can't choose what you steal. (fuckin initiative man)
9 rounds is an overkill. The bonus itself is huge, combine it with excel weaponry and you're looking at some very scary thing. (inb4 bwah but muh conversion gloves unable to equip clearly weakness)

Please do provide an example of an item that you can find at a fixed location, buy in a shop, or have as common loot that'd be comparable to this. I would say the closest you can get is the example I provided before.
I think that the Lion Shield is fine personally, if the round bonus itself could be lowered to something like 3-5 at most, because 9 rounds is wayyyy too strong, keep in mind that any soldier sporting this is probably not packing any elemental resistances, and most dedicated duelists get bonuses for dual wielding now.

But, if we're providing items that are commonly found and overloaded to shit, Sayakana only costs you 5k to get and it is probably the best accessory in the game, by far.
I changed the duration to 3 rounds since it was a little excessively long.