Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercenary turn order - I've figured it out!
This has baffled me for a decently long time. And thanks to turn order, I think I finally figured it out in enough detail to make a proper report about it.

Reynes and Zoria regularly outspeed a good amount of slower enemies. They also regularly go dead last despite their Celerity, sometimes even interrupting my own turn to take their own. I used to wonder if maybe they were Skipping their turns, but there was no indication in the log. Turn Order highlighted this quite comically, with big gaps in the turn order as they did nothing and just stayed hovering above blank spaces of characters who already went.

Recently, thanks to turn order, I was able to keep a closer eye on them. And I've discovered an odd interaction.

- Player has 6-7 momentum.
- Player Summons a Youkai.
- Reynes and Zoria go immediately.
- Player's turn again, 3-4 momentum remaining.
- Reynes and Zoria go first on subsequent turns like they're supposed to

My theory: Since Mercs count as Youkai (half heals from Malmelo, which is dumb but this is not the thread for that) and bringing a Youkai into battle causes them to butt in, I'm actually wondering if the tweaks to Fast Offense (the ones to make them go right away when summoned) awhile back are responsible for this unlikely interaction?
*loud burp*
No, this was just because the turn order list wasn't being sorted for the first turn after mercs get created. It has been corrected.