Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampire growths and you
Is it possible that when creating a vampire character, you can select the growths of a race that can turn vampire? Similar to how Air would let you select destiny on character creation to save on spending an ink later? I thought this might be a cool idea, and saves on grinding just a teensy bit, and that teensy bit goes a long way.

List of races that can turn vampire atm:
Human:
Imperialist · Chataran · Karatynn · Onigan · Tannite · Lispoolian

Kaelensia
Lupine · Corbie · Phenex · Felidae · Grimalkin · Leporidae

Ancients
Elf · Zeran

Serpentkind
Naga · Wyverntouched · Hyattr

Other:
Redtail
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
This.... is too much. Vampires already have solid racial growths and a strong set of racial skills and traits to begin with, and I see no reason to suddenly give them enough choices to fill up the flavor buffet at Baskin Robbins on top of all that.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13296#p13296 Wrote:Chaos » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:06 am[/url]"]This.... is too much. Vampires already have solid racial growths and a strong set of racial skills and traits to begin with, and I see no reason to suddenly give them enough choices to fill up the flavor buffet at Baskin Robbins on top of all that.

I don't see as to why, it costs 1 legend ink to already do this, I have a vampire with 900 HP, many others have vampires with over 70 wil, its not impossible to get these growths already, what I am suggesting is to be able to choose their permanent and unreversable growths, and makes it easier on new players wanting to create a vampire, as well as giving veterans a bit of a more lenient time when grinding a character they intend on being a vampire..
Vampires racial growths are literally the Imperialist's growths. They aren't bad, they're just not what represents some people's vampires in the end, hence why it's very popular for people to actually grind the original race out, or some other race, before going Vampire.

I'm more than aware Vampire racials are currently among the best right now, but, this change wouldn't affect anything other than allowing people to grind their vampires...as vampires. The only reason Vampire would even get this treatment is it actually matters a lot what the person was before being a Vampire, unlike Lich where you're just turned into an energy being.

So, yeah, I'm for this.
I'd actually like to cast a vote in the opposite direction, and make spending ink on racial changes needing to happen at level 1. it is way too explotable to grind as a hyattr until you get incredible vit to abuse as a vampire. Vampire has good racials and is kept in check by meh growths, so we should make it more exploitable because...?
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13322#p13322 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:52 pm[/url]"]I'd actually like to cast a vote in the opposite direction, and make spending ink on racial changes needing to happen at level 1. it is way too explotable to grind as a hyattr until you get incredible vit to abuse as a vampire. Vampire has good racials and is kept in check by meh growths, so we should make it more exploitable because...?

Lets get rid of anything that'd make a character seem unique in any way, sure, thank you, please don't even post stuff like this, at all.
Please don't bullshit me about powergaming being unique in any way. And please don't tell me what to post.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13322#p13322 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:52 pm[/url]"]I'd actually like to cast a vote in the opposite direction, and make spending ink on racial changes needing to happen at level 1. it is way too explotable to grind as a hyattr until you get incredible vit to abuse as a vampire. Vampire has good racials and is kept in check by meh growths, so we should make it more exploitable because...?

I don't think trashing peoples' ability to customize their characters is ever a good idea. If I have a character who ends up turning into a Vampire down the line, and they spent their entire life doing magic or as a Black Knight or whatever, they shouldn't magically lose competency because they Vamp'd. Furthermore, doing this would just leave several current players with skewed now unobtainable powerhouse builds that can never be replicated by newer players. That's hardly fair.
On topic, I was a little aggressive, however, character customization and uniqueness is something I have always strived for the most, and this would be a welcome addition in my opinion, and would encourage others to do the same. I don't see this as a harmful thing to the game's community whatsoever.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13327#p13327 Wrote:Kameron8 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:13 pm[/url]"]I don't think trashing peoples' ability to customize their characters is ever a good idea. If I have a character who ends up turning into a Vampire down the line, and they spent their entire life doing magic or as a Black Knight or whatever, they shouldn't magically lose competency because they Vamp'd. Furthermore, doing this would just leave several current players with skewed now unobtainable powerhouse builds that can never be replicated by newer players. That's hardly fair.

The entire growth system overall isn't fair, that's just the reality of it. If you want to dicuss "creativity," your only option is to OOCly grind for growths with different classes than you want to actually use, meaning peoples' characters are prone to relatively similar archetyped builds anyways, with the only truly major variance being RNG and if you get 54 base with that 52% or not. Making it so your race is eventually as exchangeable as classes was never "fair" in the first place.

After a race change, your character should be disoriented and need time to adapt rather than keeping literally every stat. I mean, consider the psycholoigical state of corrupted. Especially shaitan are basically broken husks with no real semblance to who they used to be, the shock wouldn't let you keep all your skills. Vampires literally "expire" (die) before coming back 6 days later, presumably hungry and weak from the hunger.

Quote:On topic, I was a little aggressive, however, character customization and uniqueness is something I have always strived for the most, and this would be a welcome addition in my opinion, and would encourage others to do the same.

Believe it or not, I've basically been wanting the same, on a base level. Customization, I mean. But I'm also not convinced this means we need to allow explotation of transformation, much less allowing a race to select the growths of races that become it. Again, my major concern in this case is of course he fact that Vampire Racials are Vit based, but the same could be said of a few other transformations. Like a Tannite gunner corrupting to Shaitan after getting 70 skill and 50 will just to become immune to fear and hesitation because they keep getting Absolute Feared. Call it creativity if you want, but it really is just blatant powergaming, OOC decisions based on mechanics.

Before we begin giving specific races the abilty to literally bypass their own growths to the extent that individual racial growths are useless, maybe we should take a look at Class Growths, and the ways we could potentially rework that system to allow more options. There's entire niches of builds that are technically not plausible to attempt because of the limitations in the current class spread. Then, once more races are more viable in more builds, then we can come back to this topic without being as worried about the imbalance of racials vs growths
*loud burp*