Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aerial Eraser
Aerial Razor seems to fall under the same pretense as Nitrogen Drop or Needles from before, in which that you can spam this skill to win any match guaranteed, it does a considerable chunk of damage, lowers defenses, and right now it can be compared to Sharenzan before it's nerf as well, in which the skill does way way too much damage..

I've seen this skill alone hit up to 180 damage with no damage amplifiers, and can hit 2 times per round, and reduces your defenses..

I hope I get a fair bit of support on this..

Whichever suggestion you like more of the two I thought up, which seem agreeable.

1. The skill's momentum cost is upped to 4.

2. The damage received at the end of the line is only upped by 1.25x

Discuss on which option would be better? Or bring up one you may think is better.
def reducing autohit at a pretty cheap cost, resizable range (and pretty big one at that) capable of hitting multiple enemies

4M would give it the same treatment as needle, ND and such, yeah, would definetly make it less broken

but what I'd suggest is not migitating the damage bonus, but removing it completely

it will still be a rather useful skill to have, after all, can't always buster cannon, because you might be planning a different cannon skill. Will be useful to soften them up and follow up with a cannon skill, or something.
I definitely agree on the 4 momentum part, and we might as well throw in the 1.25x too since I don't think any autohit should receive the 1.5x damage that a basic attack critical should get. Besides, aerial razor already lowers defense, so it'll be fine still if number 1 and 2 are applied imo..
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I would say make it cost the same amount as most of the Arbalest offensive skills.
(4 Momentum)
but being a skill with that much Momentum. I think the damage modifier should remain the same. (1.5x)

So in the end, I say I agree to Option #1.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
Hey, high momentum for high content. Since people dislike increasing FP costs on things here. (Damn right people wouldn't be crazy to spam it, if that ate like 40 FP per go.) I agree with increasing the M costs, but leaving damage as it is.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13290#p13290 Wrote:Snake » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 pm[/url]"]Hey, high momentum for high content. Since people dislike increasing FP costs on things here. (Damn right people wouldn't be crazy to spam it, if that ate like 40 FP per go.)

Apparently!

All seriousness though, if it does get changed to 4M (which seems to be the most optimal choice), it'd be best to let it keep its current damage increase the same at the end of the line; or at least just see how that goes and if that fixes the problem. Not like it can be spammed if it's at 4M regardless, right?
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
I mean.. you could also just change it to be 3M and only usable ONCE per turn.

You know, like crane hop. That solves the issue of "People are spamming it" because then.. well. They aren't. It also leaves open the viability of a archer critting with main hand, then their off hand, then an aerial razor.

You know, if their off-hand is ranged.
With aerial razor easily breaking 150 damage and with swifts enchant giving it the option to crit (Hello 300 or more damage), it's rather obvious that the damage itself also requires a nerf. Needle was a problem with it causing 90 damage, no matter what, why should this be treated any differently.
[Image: K4X9wfC.png]

Edit : was notified it was with staff of eyes, againts matador. Matador afaik removes 20 damage, so treating it as 323 - 24% = aprox 240, ye?
[Words go here]
[Image: hBDofi9.gif]
Ahem.
[Image: 9jmwkbO.png]

There was indeed a big set-up to achieve the max damage, yes. Why did I post that on Funny Threads again instead of here? Easy to think 'bout it don't you think Sari? Aerial Razor alone deals max 150 with stacked STR and a Rebellion bow. :^)
(Oh, 150 pierce damage without counting Evasion, Wraithguard, Damage Reduction from Martial Artist, Damage Reduction from Waraji Unarmored combo, Pierce damage Resist with Drowned Woman/Stacked with Rustic. Hell, even Eviter can mitigate it's damage to static 0. In that caaaase, Xas didn't had any of that and was stripped naked because Arbalests doing their job properly.)

Let's play nice and just increase the Momentum to 4M and FP costs to 40 FP. Because hey remember: the Archers have to walk off from melee position to readjust Aerial Razor to get better results. So it's the enemy's fault for not sticking to melee on a ranged.

[Image: kFUU8uX.png]
(And eh, I say, edit Dynamic Shooting's actual passive to just add two more squares on the skill's range and lock it, making it non-adjustable. So the user must have to move away and reposition itself to get the bonus damage and actually kite people like a real marksman does in any other game. Aerial Razor's small range being so 'close' is also what made it so damn good and easy as a damage dealer.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]