Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aerial Eraser
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13348#p13348 Wrote:iStabOreos » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:00 am[/url]"]You mean the build that everyone and there mothers used, cause it's not really a copy it's just either someone else using it better than you and you feeling the salt because of it.
Actually, I made a 50+ base luc character with a max power bow that uses lightning impact aerial razor and reaver skills on the day of the Archer update. Yay Beldam Knight.

I haven't played since February. Cool though.

Anyway back on topic, nerf pls.
Aerial Razor is still one of the strongest skills in the game and can 3 or 4 shot a squishy, The only difference it's gotten is that you can't 2 shot anymore because of the damage amplification nerfs.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13885#p13885 Wrote:Spoops » Sat May 21, 2016 4:32 pm[/url]"]Aerial Razor is still one of the strongest skills in the game and can 3 or 4 shot a squishy, The only difference it's gotten is that you can't 2 shot anymore because of the damage amplification nerfs.
....Excuse me, why is '3-4 shot a squishy' a cause for a nerf? Especially when there's a load of other skills/builds that can also '3-4 shot a squishy?' If we were talking '3-4 shot a tank', that's one thing, but something like a glass cannon requiring that many hits to go down sounds average at worst, above-average at best.

...And I certainly don't see why we should make a 'squishy' capable of taking even more numerous hits before they go down. Especially when they're focused on taking down their enemies first and foremost.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I was going to comment on it because Aerial Razor is the hardest hitting skill in the game on a class that gets the most hit in the game but eh, We'll see how it ends up working out after the Stat changes going through, still, this skill should be at least 1.25x for now, even tanks don't stand up to aerial razor for long.

Also no, not even crit checks will 3 shot a squishy very often, and those are the most rewarding.
Well I mean.

It's mostly because Aerial Razor can delete 20 defense on it's own. Then ignore another 10 (due to arbalest) and gets a +10 bonus to it's damage (also from Arbalest, hi). So you get things where you just don't NEED to basic attack because you can wield a 30+ power bow, and with enough strength, just start destroying people. Especially if you can say.... get 80 strength, which isn't too terribly hard. Hell, we have some people who have 90+ so.

90+30+10+10 (pseudo for the ignore 10 armor) is 140. *1.5 and you get 210, which then goes against their defense.

If you're in range to fire it a second time, you get 210 damage.. AND have reduced their defense by 20, so you're effectively doing 230.

Does your enemy NOT have critical evade?

No problem. That 210 become 315... and you can quickly see where this goes to shit.

I'd be in favor of dropping it down to 1.25x, whilst letting the "SWIFT" version make it possible to have that become 1.875... Since you know. 1.25*1.5 gets silly.

Oh, I can also confirm that my tanky character who has about 40-50 defense (which isn't TOO terribly much,but still) gets absolutely slaughtered by Aerial Razors. To the point that it's about 3-4 hits at his 500+ HP pool that he goes down. So it isn't just "Squishy" characters that die to this. "Squishy" characters die in 2-3 hits. Tanky characters die in about 3-5.
... R.I.P Aerial Razor.

*salutes*
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Please don't necropost.