Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aerial Eraser
oh ya'll already posted,
edit mentions matador and Staff of eyes, and the damage it'd deal without
still high af
so kindly less salt bby

edit : in favor of locking the range
Locking the range literally benefits no one and can actually make the skill worse.

If we're playing the 'lock the range game', make sidecut always fling you the maximum amount of tiles...

Also stacking boosts to attacks can always make shit ridiculous. 1.5x, SoE (+24% after stats), 1.5x (critical) before stats...

You can make anything ridiculously deadly if you attempt it.

Guns can easily do 500+ in a single shot, daggers can brutally destroy people. Aerial Razor, as a skill, is pretty god damn painful sure. It takes more setup than other classes though, and if you just knocked the damn archer down, they wouldn't be able to get 1.5x before stats because #Range.

You want to nerf it? Sure, go ahead. Do not make it cost 40 fp though. That is an inane amount for Arbalests to have (the only characters who can actually use it). Rhinoa has 250FP and already runs low from Deleteleg.exe and Deletearm.exe because they cost SO GOD DAMN MUCH.

Proposed change.

Only usable once per turn.
10% extra damage (per rank) at max range. (Before stats)

Another proposed change?

Make it do 5% extra damage per tile it has to travel to hit someone. So at max range it's like.. 35%? (7 tiles)... This is the 'travel' on the base projectile line, not where it ends in relation to you.
Oh hey someone finally copied my build. And they have le funny meme face.

I'm in favor of removing the skill entirely, since banning isn't an option.
I'm in favor of making the skill cost 4 momentum AND nerfing the multiplier to 1.25x. This is the hardest hitting autohit in the game. Fighting an arbalest who only uses blowback cannon and aerial razor with a staff of eyes will almost never go well for you. Outside of some enormous son of a motherless tanker, nobody will survive a blowback stun -> 3x aerial razor. Ever. Arbs are supposed to deal brutal damage with a combination of armor reduction and critical hits, not mindlessly spamming an autohit over and over again.
Just remove the damage bonus on the last tile.

No. Seriously.

Don't get me wrong. I know I'm an advocate for "base class skills don't need to suck" and all that, but it'd also be great if most base class skills were actually USABLE by base classes, as in, newer characters. There's a very rare skill, like Lance De Lion, with an incredible damage bonus that's kind of a big deal to ever use, sure, but 4M and/or 40 FP would quite literally make it unusable at lower levels befre Tactician wth a max FP of 32.

Honestly, the big issue, and really ONLY issue is the broken way damage bonuses and reductions are calculated. The Formula can basically be dumbed down to Base total before enemy defenses +/- modifiers, THEN enemy defenses. So even a 20% bonus could theoretically be more than double damage if their defenses are absurd. (Say 100 base damage vs a grand total of 80 reduction from Defense/Armor/KNP etc, a 20% bonus would turn 20 into 40 because of how it's done.) This is what makes Damage Reduction so powerful, since it's a massive reduction BEFORE defensive stats, and this is a good example of percentage-based bonus damage having the same issue.

Seriously. Just remove the bonus damage. And start weening out percentage bonuses/reductions like with Hit/Evade percentages. It's a broken mechanic as a whole.
*loud burp*
Covering what was already mentioned in the first post. . .

-I'd love to see it be a Once-Per-Turn instead of a 3M (piggy-backing on another's post, yes) -or- a 4M. . . not sure which would be less-kill the skill.

-1.25x, please... just why was it ever thought to be a good idea (considering how crits on attacks that proc crits get boosted to what was it, correct me if I'm wrong, 1.5x??). Seriously, why.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Quote:Aerial Razor, as a skill, is pretty god damn painful sure. It takes more setup than other classes though, and if you just knocked the damn archer down, they wouldn't be able to get 1.5x before stats because #Range.

That was exactly the idea on locking the range for the damage bonus, Archers themselves should be playing the annoying hit and run game rather than being that meme of 'overweighted viva la murika pew pew pew arrows n razors errywere while i sit here spamming Mc-Hi Pot Donalds and belly bashing you for a free KD'.
(And eh, somehow, feels like it's all lacking of a new class dedicated to be 'light' Archers that can do the hit-and-run properly, rather than those heavily armored fighting vehicles named Arbalest M4 Sherman who can only do two things, Blow**ck Cannon and Aerial.)

Soooo, after reading the whole thread again from A to Z, I'm pretty much supporting the removal of the 1.5x now. Remove it and leave the skill like it is. Without 1.5x, it won't be more than our usual Shinken for Archers. Why did I swap opinions? Easy. Autohits aren't supposed to deal more damage than basic hits. They're just there to poke on the 'speedy gonzales' until Borneblood kicks in.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Oh yeah. I forgot it has a secondary benefit for smacking at max range.

So honestly? Sure. I can take the 1.5x damage reduction. Hell I could go with just a 10% damage boost at max range or some shit, i don't care.

The skill actually does it's job pretty god damn well, and the delete body of aerial razor getting nerfed is fine.

In light of that tho. Can we please have another bow wielding class :'(
"Soapy" Wrote:Oh hey someone finally copied my build. And they have le funny meme face.

I'm in favor of removing the skill entirely, since banning isn't an option.

You mean the build that everyone and there mothers used, cause it's not really a copy it's just either someone else using it better than you and you feeling the salt because of it.

But as for my thoughts of the matter, yes I can see the reason for the nerf in play that's fucking obvious.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
It would seem that everyone has a lot of frustrations on the skill, from what I can see when reading all of these posts, I guess we'll just have to see what Dev says on the matter, since the thread seems to be a bit mixed on opinions, I like a few points brought up, no autohit should have the same formula as a critical hit if its not a redgull based one, and I could see option 2 being the better choice here, but that is my only opinion on the skill, thank you all for supporting this thread at least.