Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spin Around skill for Rogue class
Why not? Rogue class lacks any sorts of autohits anyway, and the promos don't have good or solid autohits either. Maybe a way to get to an enemy's back without moving is a way to bring atleast a short smile while playing this ''off-meta'' class for now?

(Never saw a Rogue fooling around the Arena lately, the MAs/Duelists/Archers/Soldiers/Summoners/[strike]Mages[/strike]/Chaos Undead Army spooked them off.)

Almost forgot, for balance, make it unable to be used on enemies that are using heavy armor.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would agree. Rogue builds now all depend on their equipment and all of them use the Hayabusa set to teleport behind the opponent. Maybe include an offensive skill in Void Assassin that's an Autohit, which if it hits. Sends the user to the target's back.

Or in another case, you could just make it a support skill which just teleported the user behind the enemy. If anything you should also make it negate Watchful Eye's effect. It would be useless now that most people now use Demon Hunter.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
People who wear treads and stick their back to the map border invalidate the majority of Void Assassin. Anyone with medium to high dodge is almost completely invulnerable to Void Assassins. I'd reach for a 1 momentum spin around to address the first issue, and a bonus to hit while striking the back for the 2nd.

Source: 60+ Skill, 30+ Faith, 40+ Luck Duelist/Void Assassin who consistently reaches negative chance to hit with blessed daggers.
Isn't there already a plus-hit skill for VAs?

But yeah, either 1 or 2 Momentum if the skill is just [strike]spinning them right round baby right round[/strike] *cough* spinning them or 3M with additional effects to make it an alternative to just walking around.

inb4 VA Crane Hop
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Yeah no, VA can't hit anything at this moment, no one wants to play VA because you'll get stopped by anyone dodgy, or stopped by anyone with tank, which is literally everyone, It'd be great if there was a spin around skill and the ability to gain hit from attacking from the back, this is the least VA deserves for now if that's possible..
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I'd be supportive of this being a passive, something tied to with a critical.
1M spin around skill would yet again bring one of the issues Crane Hop had, ie Eviter, Cobra, Riposte, Blade Barrier, etcetera free negation.
Or perhaps some sort of an attack with lowered damage, with a hit check and hit bonus.
[strike]I knew there was one skill for VA to increase Hit at least! Even if it's easily countered. -Granted they can have their Basic's Eastern Wind which gives a fair bit of Skill. Big Grin[/strike]

Sarin does make a pretty good point. . .

I'd be on board for a move that sacrifices Crit (maybe) and/or Power for Hit. That move, when crit'ing would turn the target a full 180* from you despite previous orientation prior to the attack and on regular hit would turn the target to either -90*/90* assuming they were facing you to begin with (if they're not facing you already I don't see why the normal hit's direction change should take proc but if you crit them then the 180* proc should still happen. . . if that's at all coherent, I don't know).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
A little late, but:

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13365#p13365 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 pm[/url]"]I'd be supportive of this being a passive, something tied to with a critical.
1M spin around skill would yet again bring one of the issues Crane Hop had, ie Eviter, Cobra, Riposte, Blade Barrier, etcetera free negation.
Or perhaps some sort of an attack with lowered damage, with a hit check and hit bonus.

Except that when your target moves even just diagonally of your position, approaching will not allow Spin Around -> Attack if Spin Around costs more than 1m. The only way to remedy that on the player's side is to either use Winged Serpent (which is useless if your opponent isn't adjacent to your cardinal directions), perform a critical with a certain dagger(s) while you have a Duelist class equipped (which is far too specific to balance Spin Around on), or, assuming Spin Around is 2m, use Crane Hop (which is useless on far-away opponents, and again, too specific to balance this skill on). Voidgate costs too much momentum and is too easily avoided to be used as a get-around, which means that anyone going Destiny: Rogue is completely screwed if they want to actually use Spin Around for their backstabbing business.

In other words, making Spin Around anything higher than 1M will make it trivial against any PC that can afford to keep you two steps away or attack from a range. (and most have the tools to do so) If it's going to see any use for VA backstabbers, it needs to be 1M.

P.S. Making it based on an attack is far less forgiving; aside from VA's struggle with evasive targets, it also requires a critical and a Duelist class to be equipped if it's going to come into play on anyone that's not adjacent to the user when their turn starts, beyond Winged Serpent (with the same issues). Again, these cases are too specific to call this a proper counterbalance, and still lock out Destiny: Rogue PCs out of the equation.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I got the perfect idea for it right before going to bed last night.

2M spin around, but it refunds 1M if you're facing their side.
This lets you still use it to punish people that run to put their backs to walls, but doesn't let you annihilate people that stay facing you for free.

I think it should be a Rogue skill though, not VA. I don't think anyone would miss Improvised Weapon.
Agreed, improvised weapon could be replaced with spin-around rather easily.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]