Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graft weapon scaling
Graft isn't affected by weapon scaling at all. Best way to replicate this bug is to use Graft with three different weapons, preferably Tomes. It seems to do the same amount regardless of your weapon or lackthereof mainhand or offhand -- it appears to be only counting certain factors. In my Elf's case, this might be the 40 LIGHT attack, the double healing base, and perhaps the offhand Stave FAI boost -- though this isn't very likely since it does the same amount even when my stave is mainhand anyway. Very weird. It also doesn't seem to be adding the weapon's actual flat power either.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I was able to get a different result by casting it without a tome and with one, so it's apparently scaling in some sense. But without knowing the details, such as your exact stats, your Graft rank, and the casting tool you're using, it's hard to determine conclusively if there's a bug or not.

The next time the server is up please test in more detail.
Stats which pose importance were 41 WIL and 40 CEL, 40 FAI, and maybe 40 SANC (unsure if SANC even raises healing in any way). Used a Blacksand with 31 power and 60% WIL, 60% DEF scaling, and it did 138. Used a Fullgust with 19 power, and 70% WIL, 30% CEL Scaling, and it did 138. Used no weapon, and it did 138. 40 FAI obviously equals 40 LIGHT ATK, plus the 25 base. Was also told that SANC did play a part in this, but I'm still unsure (I never checked the new racials). Think the point is that it keeps doing a set number no matter what. Everything else is kind of a mystery to me and I can't seem to really fill the gap. It is scaling in some way, just not entirely (and perhaps not even at all) from weapons.

Will post again with additional details once the new server version is up. Until then, maybe you can do something with this info.

Here is also some math that maybe might help.
25 + (24(41 WIL total)+7(12 DEF total)*1.5 + 16 (half of TOME POW from Blacksand because I'm dumb and didn't know about the restrictions) + 40 LIGHT ATK (100% because Rank 5 Graft) + maybe 40 SANC = 167.

Again, point is, it's doing the same number regardless of what weapon I have or lackthereof; could also just be the scaling, or Healer's Legacy, or the SANC -- might not be the weapon scaling at all . . Maybe.
Maybe try this with a Mugendai? The fact that weapon scaling for spells is reduced if the element doesn't match may be coming into play here.
Yeah, I acknowledged the reduction in the math. I don't own a good Mugendai, though. Or a Mugendai at all.

. . . Or, wait -- weapon scaling is reduced by half if it's not the proper element, not the weapon's actual flat POW? Either way, uh, it still keeps doing the same flat number no matter what.