Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM Questions
Hello!

This is a thread where the GMs will answer your questions and/or debunk rumors regarding the rules and what you can and can't do in the game. If you're unsure about something, this is the place to ask us, if not on Discord.
We'd prefer you ask questions about individual needs on Discord, like whether or not a picture is kosher.
Here is more a place for questions of a broader scale that affect everyone.

'Dev said we can't be creative anymore! You can't roleplay anything as anything different than what it says on the game! We all have to be the same!'

This is false.

It's all about what's reasonable and what's not. Roleplaying a magic class as if it weren't a magic class will never fly. Nothing works the same way that magic does. Normal Medicine will never be as effective as Mercana. That's just how this world works.

If, however, you were role playing a knife as a sword or a sword as a knife. Or roleplaying that your spells looked a little different than what's written, that's fine! Nobody honestly cares if you want to have a bow that fires energy arrows or roleplay your whip as an energy sword that you fire at people.

A good rule of thumb here is to pay attention to the damage types. So long as it makes sense, go for it.

'We can't do anything to the world! the game is just sparring with each other and waiting for GMs to force things on us!'

This is false.

Not only can you do what others have done that did impact the world (Bloeden), but you can also come to any of us GMs to help you do events. We can also help you get plot proposals to Dev (or you could PM him) for consideration, alongside solid RP logs of things you've done to change the world so he can read and react to them.

Don't be discouraged! If you think your idea is junk, tell us anyway. We won't laugh at you and call you a shitter, if anything we'll try to help you make it better. If it needs it.

If you're unsure of something, feel free to ask us GMs!

'A GM will ban you for asking questions!'

This is false.

Nobody is going to ban you for asking a question.
Otherwise nobody would play the game, they'd all be gone because they asked too many questions!

Don't be afraid, we don't bite. It's kind of our job to answer questions.

(Also, here is a permanent link to the public sl2 discord so you can do that!)

https://discord.gg/SvBYGRB
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
Hello there. Just wanted to ask if I can roleplay a skill such as 'Sidecut' as a. .for example, a Mechanation with rocket boosters dashing forwards with the rocket and cutting anyone in the way?
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
"Tamaki-Kun" Wrote:Hello there. Just wanted to ask if I can roleplay a skill such as 'Sidecut' as a. .for example, a Mechanation with rocket boosters dashing forwards with the rocket and cutting anyone in the way?
This is something one would consider a personal need, and as such, much better off being brought to a GM's attention personally.

That part aside, while I would question the 'rocket boosters' part a little bit, your idea would most certainly work.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Playby Question:

If an old, irrelevant, and retired character had a playby that fits a newer character and theme, is using the old playby for a new character acceptable?
*loud burp*
"Ranylyn" Wrote:Playby Question:

If an old, irrelevant, and retired character had a playby that fits a newer character and theme, is using the old playby for a new character acceptable?

Sure, I don't see why not.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
Is it alright to roleplay a tome as a magic fist weapon?(Like the Magic comet equipment?)
What about a magic. . .case?(Like, a box?)
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
- Is it acceptable to PVP yourself for varying reasons, such as testing potentially exploitable bugs without making other players aware and tempted to abuse them, or even something simple like beating yourself up to unlock Ghost? I know I used to do this a little bit a few years ago, but rules have gotten more strict, so just checking.

- I know Dev has said that things like Horses (and of course, the wyvern riders) exist, so... Is it acceptable to RP mounted combat, despite the lack of actual mount icons? For example, a soldier actually going for a cavalry charge instead of sprinting to their enemy, etc? Or would it be unreasonable to assume BDPs are suitable for cavalry?
*loud burp*
"Ranylyn" Wrote:- Is it acceptable to PVP yourself for varying reasons, such as testing potentially exploitable bugs without making other players aware and tempted to abuse them, or even something simple like beating yourself up to unlock Ghost? I know I used to do this a little bit a few years ago, but rules have gotten more strict, so just checking.

- I know Dev has said that things like Horses (and of course, the wyvern riders) exist, so... Is it acceptable to RP mounted combat, despite the lack of actual mount icons? For example, a soldier actually going for a cavalry charge instead of sprinting to their enemy, etc? Or would it be unreasonable to assume BDPs are suitable for cavalry?
-If you really need to test the bug and no one is around to help you test it, then it can be done. Otherwise, we'd perfer that you don't.

-Possible. However, keep the terrain in mind. Your horse wouldn't be able to do a damn thing in a Whirlpool BDP or a Fire Altar BDP, and cramped quarters make mounted combat a serious disadvantage.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
If someone is playing a child character, are they allowed to go into dungeons OOC?
While I don't want to say an outright no since it's just an OOC thing. I think dungeons are just something child characters should avoid entirely.

You don't need the experience since you're not meant to be strong in the first place. Same really goes for doing it for crafting skill levels, some are fine but keep in mind kids aren't really capable of being master craftsmen either.

If you're doing items, perhaps it'd be fine? But I think it'd make more sense to just ask the people you're roleplaying with for things you need.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]