Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Youkai] Drowned Woman
For those who aren't aware, the third skill that Drowned Woman possesses (and what anyone installing her will get)- also known as, "Ammendum, Sin, and Purpose,"- is a straight-up 50% Resistance to Slash, Pierce and Blunt damage. Yes, that's it; no weaknesses are applied with the third skill. (The second skill applies the Ghost racial type, however) Here's the problems with this skill:

1. Aside from the Mage/Curate trees and some bits from the MA tree, very few skills do not bother with these damage types.
2. While DW does not have the all-around security seen in Wraithguard, it punishes what it does deal with by taking away from Momentum.
3. Holy can do something to DW.... Except that when you plug the numbers in, 1.5 / 2 = 0.75; in other words, Drowned Woman's 'weakness' doesn't overcome their resistances.
4. Judgment Blade is the same way; 1.5x damage, which gets halved to 0.75. Even if Drowned Woman was just summoned, it would eat the spell without breaking a sweat!
5. Even if you had a Holy Mythslayer, 1.75 / 2 = .8875; you're still getting walled.
6. While something like Wraithguard can still be powered through, Drowned Woman's resistances will slow the enemy down significantly, and that will more than likely give DW (or the Installer) enough room to take care of their opponent.

And concerning DW Install specifically:

7. As if the inherent pluses weren't enough, anyone who has Sync-Mind at Rank 2 will find that having Drowned Woman just laying around will make them susceptible to Holy; this practically forces them to either summon DW or Install her. Given the sheer upsides to having those resistances (alongside the boosts from having a Youkai installed in the first place), Install is the best option.
8. IIRC, Vampires with Brighter Darkness only take half of Holy's damage bonus; Drowned Woman's weakness becomes even less of a hassle in this case.
9. Was the Install cut off? Just re-Install!
10. While DW Install takes care of Slash/Pierce/Blunt, the player can set up resistances in other areas and with their second equipped class. It's quite possible for someone to trigger resist on a load of elements, if not every single element that would typically be found in both PVP and PVE.

tl;dr Drowned Woman's "Ammendum, Sin, and Purpose," is basically the new 777, except the downside isn't a spell that one can just plug into the Skill Slots as a precaution; it's trying to nail a very specific weakness with very specific damage types-- and if DW is being Installed, odds are the player can easily cover those weaknesses on their own. It's a free, potent and overarching set of Damage Resistances that are painless to have, and can easily be built upon for unmatched defenses.

I suggest that at least one of the following steps are taken to reduce the severity of this skill:
1. Decrease the resistances to 25% at best; if not for the Youkai itself, then at least for anyone Installing DW.
2. Make the third Skill disable all other types of resistances when applied.
3. Give Drowned Woman a much bigger weakness. (I have nothing in mind for this at the moment)

I'd like to also suggest that when an Install ends, the player cannot Install the same Youkai (If not any Youkai at all) for 3 rounds.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Pretty much everything in here is right in line.

I'd be fine with all suggestions being implemented. Possibly having her be weak to lightning < since she is made out of water > or having her 2nd skill giving her FEAR/hesistation if Water damage is used against her/the summoner. < From whenever she drowned, terror would probably be linked >
Slap a cooldown on install and I never play a Summoner again, simply put. N. O.

Everything is fine minus water on water making fear... She's water resistant, so that.. doesn't make much sense when it no longer does much harm to her.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I agree with the suggestions. But, maybe the install cooldown should be 2 rounds instead?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd rather Install cost FP usage per round to have active. A cooldown would turn me off from Summoner for good.

5 - 10 FP a turn? That's 40 FP over full duration if at 10, and without Kensei that's only a regen of 17 which only nets 7 with Capacity, Cracked Mirror, and etc.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Quote:Ghost Sea
Passive
Target: N/A

Property belonging to those who have died at sea. Grants immunity to Burn status. User is treated as Ghost-race in addition to all other racial types.

Ammendum, Sin, and Purpose
Passive
Target: N/A

An irregularity that results in an incorporeal body. Grants 50% Slash, Blunt, and Pierce resistance.

Drowned Woman is not water resistant. A cooldown, on a base class skill that gives all .kinds. of bonuses, including things like FIRE immunity, ice immunity... 50% resist slashing, blunt, and piercing...

That doesn't sound that bad. If it were given a 2-round cooldown from when it deactivates, then I think it might be better. Hell, as it is currently it takes minimal FP to install and you get all sorts of circumstantial bonuses that make your mother and your opponent cry. You need to stop that Charge Mind Fire Invocation your way? Just install. You'll be immune to it now and not even a Nihilist can break that. See an Intensify Cold coming your way? Just install. Know that your opponent is limited to just Slashing/Piercing, and if he goes to any other elemental type, the damage from it will be miniscule? DROWNED WOMAN IT UP!

If Install forced you to lose your FP regen while active, and drained FP constantly until it ran out, I would probably support it staying as is < with DrownWoman getting her just desserts >
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1369#p1369 Wrote:Rendar » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:07 pm[/url]"]
Quote:If Install forced you to lose your FP regen while active, and drained FP constantly until it ran out, I would probably support it staying as is < with DrownWoman getting her just desserts >

I tend to forget some things sometime. Either way. Cutting regen AND draining FP, again, no thanks. I don't see why Install would stop any outside FP regens from other classes, and then on top of it, eat your FP while you're at it. Installing for 4 turns at 10 FP is still 40 in the end, and regardless of class, even anyone who's not a lich suffers badly if you don't have good FP management. Plus not everyone who's a Summoner uses mage.

Either one or the other, not both.

Perhaps give holy a faith% chance to exorcise installs?

or just have holy ignore the slash/pierce/blunt resist.
I like the idea of the Install cooldown being linked to individual Youkai, at the least. And everything else in the original post. And maybe make it so that Installed Youkai take the same damage that their Installer takes; this would encourage leveling them, so that the Install isn't Level 1 OP DW, or others.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
I would just like to put it out there, that Null Shell crits will kick an installed
Youkai right back to the Ether from whence it came. Gunners are already
the scissors to the Summoner's paper. I see ~zero issue~ with the way it
works now. The only problem with Grand Summoner is the crazy amount
of sheer power their individual Youkai can reach.