[Youkai] Drowned Woman
I'm still not seeing the issue. Gaining resists
as a result of spending FP and momentum is
totally fine. As you stated yourself, arbalists
can use light arrows or fire arrows. If you
want to resist both those elements, that's
fine -- you won't have item slots to spend on
other things
Thats the thing though. Summoners get 10% Dark Resist from Carbuncle, and a possibility of 10% Fire,Ice,Lightning, and Resist from Apus. There are .plenty. of summons that give you passive resists. If an arbalest were to swap out to light, or fire arrows and someone to, heaven forbid, RESIST it. They would be .stuck. to that Light or Fire damage, and would more-than-likely lose. It isn't 'balanced' at all.
Honestly? I don't think it has to be. This game is
unbalanceable. Just RP more and PvP less.
I do RP, quite a bit honestly. However sometimes RP involves PVP. For that explicit reason, combat needs to be more 'balanced'.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1626#p1626 Wrote:LadyLightning » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:15 pm[/url]"]Mhm. Duelists are simply forced to use Lau d'Ela or
suffer reduced damage. Drowned Woman is literally
not a balance problem. This whole thread is silly.

Reminder of what's in the OP:

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1362#p1362 Wrote:Chaos » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:01 pm[/url]"]10. While DW Install takes care of Slash/Pierce/Blunt, the player can set up resistances in other areas and with their second equipped class. It's quite possible for someone to trigger resist on a load of elements, if not every single element that would typically be found in both PVP and PVE.

Dark Resistance is definitely not hard to come by; anyone bothering to cover bases will easily catch L'au-Dela with a RESIST! penalty to the face. Same for parts that would modify damage types for weapons. Or any Tome element in general. Or just about any element that isn't Sound, Null or something that Damage Resistances so far aren't able to cover.

Against Drowned Woman alone, sure. But Drowned Woman alone isn't where L'au-Dela will get walled with, along with every other element available to players. (and almost every monster, on that note)
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The damage resistances are halved while installed as of now. I think this is a fair nerf.
Can you drop it down to 20% instead, or have it give Damage Resistance to those damage types? Half of 50% is still enough for the installer to mechanically Resist blunt, pierce, and slash.
25% DR sounds a .lot. better than 25% Resist. Because as we all know, DR is a good deal weaker than Resist, not even including "RESIST!"

< If you want mechanics people, I can show em here. >

RESISTANCE 25%
25 DEF
100 Damage

100*.75
75-25
50 damage

DR 25%
25 DEF
100 Damage
100-25
75*.75
56.25 Damage

It gets a a lot worse with higher defense values if you plug it into the formula.