Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rustic Charm
So. With removing the +30 affliction chance from rustic/doomed etc, you've created a SLEW of problems.

Right now the attacker (in every case), will never actually afflict someone.

I have 50 SKI and 50 WIL. 50 scaled wil in combat and 48 or so SKI in combat. I've a net total of 147% Affliction. With Rustic, that made it about 177%, which against people that just didn't raise FAI and SAN, was enough.

Now? Now anyone who takes Aptitude (alone) to 42/43 for the +7 stats is going to have at least 21% status resist, not to mention if they get anti status or raise their sanctity even further (since most races actually have great reasons to raise sanctity). That 21% Resist is assuming their race has NO faith and NO SAN base.

This is decent, however whenever a character with 30 sanctity and 30 faith can have 90 status resist, and if they take anti-status.. another +10... We have issues. There are plenty of ways to raise status resist. Anti-Status, good medicine. Crucifix, warding charm, three fairies, Redtail.

What boosts affliction had was Hexer (+20 from a bad weapon), hexer (-30 if you hurt them), Rustic/doomed (+30).

Now, in a same-stat scenario (40 SKI/WIL vs 40 SAN/FAI) the attacker will never actually afflict. Hell, they're even less likely to afflict and will go into the negative due to Anti-status being a thing unless the person is a hexer. And even in those same-stat instances, the afflictor will have maybe +50. Which nets a whopping 40% chance to afflict against someone who has baseline stats alone. Should they have a crucifix or be a summoner, you will never inflict them.

tl;dr

Give Rustic/Doomed its affliction chance back. It was unwarranted to actually nerf it. That, or give WIL and SKI better status resist chance (or nerf SAN and FAI scaling)
I do agree on reverting doomed/cursed to having their status infliction chances back, there's really no use for Rustic otherwise, making one of most sought after equipment curses, completely useless in the eyes of many, and thus it feels like item grinding is not worth it.
To be honest, Rustic had way too much going for it: Infliction boost, Sayakana, Hexer boosts and +5 power for a durability penalty that can be easily brushed aside was completely lopsided.

That, and there's now less 'unstoppable status infliction', though thats just pure observation at this time.

Either way, I see no issue with this change, and Rustic is still a very solid enchantment no matter how you dice it.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Except the only benefits you get from rustic now are

Saykana (Accessory Slot: Nerfed to 5% Resist all)
Hexer (+20 affliction rate)
POW (+5 power, 4 durability)

They all have their own niches, and in the new stat system, they've all been nerfed to hell.

Sayakana is basically the effectiveness of 5 DEF and RES for an accessory slot that could be filled with something else. It also ties down this curse to be one of the worst now, giving it no reason to even actually exist.

Hexer gets a benefit from it, yes. Now they aren't getting +50 and a -30, which wasn't okay to begin with. However balancing affliction rates around Hexers makes everyone that attempts to afflict whilst not a hexer suffer. Hell, most of them already were suffering because they didn't build WIL but had decent SKI.

And +5 power??? I could literally put rebellion on a weapon for that bonus. I don't so much care for the +5 Power.

It was a poor choice to nerf it, and it will only continue to get worse.
It's almost like you might have difficulty inflicting status effects on someone who is specced against them if you don't make them stand on dark water, instead of being able to almost 100% of the time for free.