Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear, Fox, Hare
The only other thing I could think of is

verglas giving bare fists 40/50% str//will/cel scaling.
"Neus" Wrote:I think the 'style switching' by using skills in the same tree has some merit. For example, being in 'no stance' at the start of a battle, using a Bear technique will put you into Bear style afterwards. Every Bear skill you use after that while in Bear style gets some bonus damage based on your (Scaled) STR. This would probably necessitate some slightly lowered scaling (-10% overall?). This idea also keeps all of the Verglas skills usable by 'most' MAs but makes them more powerful for those who buff up their Verglas stats.

I like the idea thematically, but Is there any way to tweak this idea so Strength isn't the universally necessary stat among every style? Adding bonus Cel and Will scaling for being in the correct stance will still result in the majority of your damage coming from the 100+% strength scaling fist weapons. Or should we simply accept that all Vergs should pick up Strength now, and adjust accordingly.
Bumping this since we're in the midst of another round of beta testing.
maybe if we're luck dev will roll out another line of elemental weapons, and some more fist weapons with neat scalings.
Make the Bear, Hare and Fox trees replace any STR, CEL or WIL scaling on the wielded weapon with an equal amount of scaling appropriate to the skill's style, when using that skill. So using something like a Magickal Comet (60% STR/60% WIL) to perform a Hare skill will result in 120% CEL forming the base of the calculation.

Then add fist weapons that scale 60% each with SKI and one tree's stat. That way, you can use the fist weapon appropriate to your main style if you find yourself wanting to use basic attacks.

Bear Claws can become the Bear style mainstay. New items like 'Rabbit's Foot Handwraps' (dropped by vorpal rabbits) or 'Fox-Tooth Knuckles' (dropped by firefoxes) can serve as those styles' mainstays.

Fenri can keep its current place for those who want to focus heavily into Ice ATK, through use of its Freezing Round skill instead of basic attacks.
I'd prefer if it didn't wipe out ALL of the weapons base scaling

It'd make verglas who want to use all their skills very one dimensional.

now if it was a new passive that did this, that made the scalings of verglas stronger if you were using it sure.

that way you could be using verglas as it is right now, but the stronger verglas are the one that have gone 100% into skil str will and cel and have no other stats at all.