Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dagger Dance: Be-GUILE-ingly low numbers.
EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I was using two of the same dagger, and made assumptions based on that.

Basically, Armor applies AFTER the 80% reduction in damage, so unless the full damage very high against a very lightly armored opponent, it'll be craptastic regardless. I was looking at the initial damage, after being affected by armor, and assuming THAT was supposed to be the baseline for the next hit's 20%, despite the potential for the two daggers to be completely different weapons.

This would have become obvious if I had actually just sat down to do some math, but as it was against an arena opponent, I had no way of confirming the armor value, and I just knew something seemed wrong when I saw 33 damage reduced to 2, on two identical daggers. It's not a bug, it's just the fundamentally flawed way the game has always treated DR and Defense (although now it's DR and Armor, since Defense is a percentage reduction now.)

Leaving this here in case anyone makes the same idiot mistake as me. So they can see this and think better of it.
*loud burp*