Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM-Moderated Ignore Function
While I disagree with an ignore function for reasons largely already stated in this thread, I also believe that the issue should be raised with the person you're having a problem with before it's even reported to a GM. If you politely let them know that what they're doing is disruptive, some of them might correct themselves without the need for a moderator to step in (a moderator is usually not a necessity for reaching compromise between two understanding individuals, so it doesn't hurt to try). I believe that disruptive players should be reported to a GM only after that effort has been made.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
A hard-coded ignore function would only cause more issues, for reasons already stated. Also, it would potentially make events really difficult, and needlessly so.

I think a GM-Alert function would be great, however!

That said yes please tell us when shit goes down so we can help.

And the fact that a guard said one of those doesn't make it any better nor excuse it.

There's a thread on the forums with all of our information on it, so please do add us. It wouldn't be there if we didn't intend on you using it.

And yes, compromises are always nice and it's silly to run to us all the time. But don't be afraid to. We don't bite.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
Y-You bite..! Down! Down catsnekky!

Anyway, short bump here, and at how this game needs an in-game report verb™. Because, we don't want silent, sneaky koonies unleashing the ultimate meme jutsu in the shadows where no GM can see, right?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
In all seriousness, I just hate being the one reporting things since I had teachers actively shame and harass me in front of my peers for being a tattle-tale in elementary school. Because I was bulled. By both students and staff. To the extent that I feel a sick pride in getting one of my teachers arrested for it.

I feel better with a automated systems, for sure. It makes me feel like I'm less judged for feeling something is worth bringing to the attention of those in charge.

(And don't worry, Kunai, I'm not particularly singling you out. I can tell you're toning it down compared to the past, and I remember you saying you would, too.)
*loud burp*