Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Older Tab Foe!
[Image: vi3NDel.png]

An old issue, but I don't think it has ever had a topic made about it, so- basically, faceicons don't always show in the IC tab despite always showing up in the All tab when someone says/emotes/whispers. I don't know why, so I wouldn't know how to fix this. I also don't know if this applies to everyone, since only me and a few others have talked about it before.

It is probably Donal's fault tho. Everything is.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Sometimes faceicons don't show in All, but show up in the Talk tab. Sometimes vice-versa, as you said. Sometimes neither. Sometimes it loads in the wrong spot. Why? Just because BYOND hiccups on loading the image. That's really about it. There's not much Dev can probably do about it.

It happens a lot more in the Talk tab because the talk tab records only things with faceicons, and therefore, has a lot more to record. This causes it to 'hiccup' more.

Really not much to do about it.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
There are other games with faceicons that don't have this issue, though, so I'm not sure if it is a BYOND issue and, if it is, if it's something that Dev has no control over.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Yes, but this game's also using, what, 96x96 icons? (I honestly forget.) It also depends on just how many lines the logs keep before they begin to overflow.

It could also have to do with the faceicons being kept in a DMI.

Edit: But what it probably is is just how new of a BYOND version this update is compiled on. Yeeep.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I don't know, there's not much I can do if it's a BYOND issue or if there's not reproduction method I can follow to try and figure it out.

If it's there one minute and gone the other then it's probably a BYOND issue.
It happens every time somebody speaks for the first time with that face icon when you log in

for example:

Player A puts out a say with their default face icon, usually shows up

Player A then switches face icons to speak again, that face icon will not show up in the talk tab, however the next time they speak with that face icon, it shows up every time in the talk tab.

The only issue this ever causes is that you have to switch to the all tab to figure out which face icon Player A is using, this can only be annoying when Player A likes to switch face icons a lot, I am player A.

So really, I've never had an issue with it in the past, but if it can possibly be fixed, it's just a quality of life fix that could mean a lot.