Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exceptional Stats
Since there are alternatives to getting more FP and HP, can the "Exceptional Will" and "Exceptional Health" traits have their requirements changed to something like..

200 HP/FP total, respectively
10 WIL/VIT respectively

Also I might as well add this one, can tactician be changed as well stat requirement wise?

I was thinking maybe something like...10 SKI or a lvl 20 requirement.
> 200 HP/FP

That would create a larger imbalance between damage output and sustain.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Requirements

Not what they give.
--- o
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I'm okay with these suggestions. I'm open to counterpoints, but I wouldn't mind them.
*loud burp*
-I would be more-than-fine with changing the requirements if we change the boosted amount (even slightly).

-I would probably make the HP Requirement slightly steeper for Exceptional Health-only (250 or 300?).

-Seeing as how we're talking about changing Tactician from a 15 SKI requirement to whatever-- I'd suggest Level 30, but that's me.

EDIT: But yes, the concept earns a +1.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
+1, definitely. I mainly support this because a lot of the stats I want 'just high enough' to get those traits I am already getting 7 extra points in from Aptitude that do not count toward the requirement, so it feels somewhat offputting to try and get the stat to the required number /with/ what an addition from Aptitude. (Putting yet another 9 points in VIT to get that +40 hp bonus when I already have 15 with Aptitude feels... weird, but I can't justify the distaste for it with words.)

"Spoops" Wrote:Also I might as well add this one, can tactician be changed as well stat requirement wise?

"Exxy" Wrote:-Seeing as how we're talking about changing Tactician from a 15 SKI requirement to whatever-- I'd suggest Level 30, but that's me.

On this note though, I would like to say I disagree. I can understand the suggestion, because frankly, I can't think of a better idea myself at the moment, but I don't think Tactician should be given a level requirement.

Reason being: most people grab this as early as possible to make life easier with less moves. Being able to just attack twice without the need for a sub-weapon is a lifesaver for some builds in the beginning when FP's difficult to maintain, as is being able to move twice for slower classes who take an eternity just to reach the monsters they're getting into fights with, etc.

Charging Strike is basically useless without it too.

Not to be a buzzkill, but please consider this point before wholeheartedly suggesting a level requirement on it.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
"Spoops" Wrote:Since there are alternatives to getting more FP and HP, can the "Exceptional Will" and "Exceptional Health" traits have their requirements changed to something like..

200 HP/FP total, respectively
10 WIL/VIT respectively

Also I might as well add this one, can tactician be changed as well stat requirement wise?

Just as an fyi; I'd actually like to see the HP requirement go up on this as well. Probably to 300 or 350.

It's literally impossible, at 200 HP, to not have it with zero vitality and sanctity since 210 stat points = 210 hp at baseline. VIT and Sanctity only further amplify this.

As for FP, I'd like to see it get dropped to 150 FP. Some build have a lot of it because they build certain things. Others will lack because having sanctity is a detriment, or just outright not useful for them (like for humans/mechs, isn't really worth it). With +8 stats from aptitude, you get 80 FP. Which means you still need 120 more at 200 needed. That can be broken down into.. 24 WIL.. or other things.

It's just really not that convenient, and actually sort of makes it worse than before to a degree. (Unless of course we're just allowing things that give extra FP to count to this, etc.) So, honestly?

300 HP
150 FP

I'd like to see those requirements on the stuff itself, and even then that 300 HP limit is really easy to beat.. literally 9 vit (and most races give like 4-5)... so any amount of aptitude would get a person there. Something higher might be worthwhile but.. at that point, it's just a little redundant.