Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptitude vs Statuses
Aptitude, as a stat, gives you bonus stats that act as bonus stats (IE: Do not count towards exceptional will, exceptional health, tactician.), but it does not have the drawback of being a bonus stat.

This being shown in the fact that burn does not shred bonus defense gained aptitude, hellflame uorate does not shred bonus res, poison damage somehow ignores the bonus HP gained from Aptitude's bonus to VIT and sanctity, overload does not gain bonus damage vs these bonus stats, etc. etc.

Now I get that aptitude itself isn't modded stats, but acts like they are, and that overload vs it would be kill, which is why the thread itself is more centered on the status effects, here's what I propose:

Poison: bonus VIT and Sanctity HP Bonuses do not ignore poison damage.

Burn: Burn now shreds bonus defense gained from aptitude (And RES if Hellflame Uorate is active)
If I had to guess, the only reason Aptitude wasn't counting as adding to base was so that you wouldn't gain additional HP for every 3 points distributed by Aptitude as you do when you distribute stats normally, but still being functionally treated as base stats. With that in mind I agree with the suggestion on poison (in fact it sounds like it may be a bug that poison is ignoring that extra HP), but I disagree with the suggestion for Burn.

Of course I could be completely wrong and they were all just meant to be bonus stats to begin with, in which case sue me.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Just as an FYI, Buster Cannon doesn't affect bonus stats either (which is more than likely a bug).

I don't think vitality being a huge bonus stat has ever really been that much of an issue before, but due to aptitude it finally have become one (alongside multiple sources to get extra HP, ala sanctity and putting points in).
Aptitude lives in this nebulous void of not base stat and bonus stat. The way it works is just the way it works and I don't think it needs adjustment, especially not for something like Burn.
well it probably should be applying to poison because the damage isn't applying at all there.
"Rendar" Wrote:well it probably should be applying to poison because the damage isn't applying at all there.

Am I the only one who is happy that poison has a psuedo-nerf??
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Rendar" Wrote:well it probably should be applying to poison because the damage isn't applying at all there.

I'm afraid I still don't understand what you're talking about. Any increases to maximum HP acquired by any means would be affected by Poison's percentage damage as long as it doesn't hit the cap in the process.