Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Knightening
Like with the base class updates, there's a few promotion classes that are outshone by their base classes atm, or other classes that compete for their roll, black knight is still a solid pick overall, but I wanna promote a bit more diversity amongst BKs, currently there's 1 BK build, you grab all the innates, passives, hanging and you have 5SP left for 1 skill, usually you put that into the +defense passive, I'd like to promote a few more build paths to promote diversity, and make destiny a bit more worth it.

Possible new skills, big thanks to Saw for pointing this one out to me.
"Sawrock" Wrote:[Image: tpy2qp8.png]
Pawn's Orders (Passive for Black Knight)
Rank 1: Black Knights are hired as bodyguards often, so some have good experience in getting active to protect people. When your allies are attacked and you are not party leader, and if your party leader is at 1 HP or more, you get Black Wind until the end of the turn.
Rank 2: +1 Duration, acts as innate.

Some changes to existing skills that I propose, I'd like if you consider them.

Steel Mind(3 round cooldown)
Passive ability added, grants 10/20/30% status resistance to Fear, hesitation, charm at ranks 1/2/3 respectively.
(Possibility to have passive disabled during cooldown?)

Steel Blood(3 round cooldown)
Passive ability added, grants 5/10/15% Damage reduction vs poison
(Possibility to have passive disabled during cooldown?)

Board Shaker
FP cost becomes 28/26/24/22/20, Earth attack becomes 90/95/100/105/110%, damage cap is removed.
Reasoning: The skill is not that overwhelming, I believe this could be fair and balanced without a damage cap, providing black knights a bit of an easier time clearing out dungeons as well.

Prophlaxys
Changed to rank*10 damage threshold
Reasoning: It is almost impossible to proc this effect because of damage being so high now, and having WIL is way more optional than before

Sudden Death
Changed to rank*10 damage threshold[
Reasoning: See above.

Castling
Can now target an empty tile, and move towards it, when you land, all allies within 1 range will get half of castling's defense bonus, and protect's damage mitigation is tripled.
Reasoning: Support BKs are massively underplayed at the moment, this could be really cool.

Checkmate
skill becomes 3m, Deals bonus damage equal to scaled DEF, cooldown is 5 rounds, cooldown is reduced by 1 at ranks 3 and 5 respectively.
Reasoning: As discussed a lot before, some skills with cooldowns could deserve to be really strong, checkmate could use a 3m cost if it had a cooldown.

One more thing, this one I believe just to be an oversight, but apparently from what I've heard, when you invoke the black wind, if an enemy skips on you, and you skip back, you lose black wind for the purposes of Indomitable, like with guard, could you keep black wind when skipping?

And that's all.
I could definitely agree with this. The main ones I feel are worth supporting would most likely be the Passives, although the Steels seem a bit lackluster.

All-in-all, +1.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
+1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I like everything here, yeah. +1, hope 'he who we all love' has some spare time to add them.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I really like these ideas.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I want this in, but seeing as with my rep, Dev will probably do the opposite, so I'm gonna use reverse psychology! Do not do this Dev! Totally a bad idea! Yup. Nobody wants this whatsoever.
Did it work?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water