Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll protect yo--Nevermind.
When protecting an ally with the skill protect, on hits will still apply to the enemy the target chose, for example.

Player A attacks Player B with Pulling Shot, but Player C intercepts!
Player C takes the damage for Player B, but Player B is pulled by pulling shot anyway.

I think this is unfair to Player C(the tank) as it doesn't allow them to fully protect their less durable ally, could it be possible for on hit effects to transfer to the player protecting for another? OR negate the on hit effect entirely if that's not possible.
Yes, please change this. Effects that follow a skill-attack should transfer to the person who is actually hit, not just whoever the skill targetted.

The way it works now, following the OP's example, it makes protecting someone a liability as it allows people to apply effects they otherwise couldn't to a dodgier character.
I think this would require some adjustments to protect and make it possible for it to change the target of skills that target a single space, which is possible. Would that be OP? I don't know.
That would not be OP I think, it still allows Repel and pulling shot to do their job, yet not 'unfairly' hit somebody who is being protected, support tanks are not run enough because of stuff like this I feel.