Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cobreakdance, the return.
Make knockdown shut down both enemy Cobra's danger sense and snake dance. (I mean, if snake dance is disabled by Knockdown, there's no reason for them to turn around and look at you.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
To be honest, I rather see this Passive (Danger Sense) removed outright since we now have Watchful Eye (but that's just my opinion).

EDIT: Small edit to clarify which I was referring to.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Danger Sense has a different function from Watchful Eye. WE can't reliably replace DS.

+1 @ OP's idea
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Exxy" Wrote:To be honest, I rather see this Passive (Danger Sense) removed outright since we now have Watchful Eye (but that's just my opinion).

Danger Sense is a post-action effect, turning to face an opponent after they've hit you.

Watchful Eye is a pre-action effect, turning to face an opponent as they're walking around you.

They both differ in their purposes significantly, and Watchful Eye is very easy to get around (See: Blind, Teleport, some skills that move the user) where Danger Sense can attempt to salvage Watchful Eye's failure, although it's just as liable to backfire (See: Sidecut and skills like it.) I don't see reason to remove it.

Anyway, +1 to OP's idea, if it wasn't obvious from my earlier response.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Why is this necessary?
"Neus" Wrote:Why is this necessary?

This -used- to happen, I believe. Before, cutthroat criticals would knock someone down and they wouldn't turn to face you.

As for why it's necessary, it gives Cobra the ability to dick over flanking bonuses from Guile when the opponent already has to deal with never attacking them in the face. KD and Blind are supposed to give you temporary windows of advantage to exploit; having them turn to face you after you do so just makes those windows smaller. This makes things that are already difficult to deal with when paired with Cobra -- like Blade Barrier, Bulwark, Quick Rise, and Riposte -- even more painful to work around.

I don't know if this was intentionally changed after the Reckoning update, unintentionally, or only changed for Cutthroat, but those are the reasons I'd like to see it go back to how it used to function. Slippery snakes certainly aren't hurting for representation, it's one of the most powerful classes we have still.
Some skills that inflict Knockdown (see Dense Thunder) seem to proc a dodge -and- sense.... may have to test that one out more but from memory it does this.

Also, the Kensei combo (the only one that can inflict knockdown in the Duelist tree) Rajinken -> Sharenzan costs 6M (if used with Katanas) and possess no way to reliably attack after knocking them down assuming you're able to finish it to begin with. . .
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Complementing what Diz just said, I've already made a post about Dense Thunder's effects versus Cobra long ago, people slapped me in the face and said "KEKEKE! It's okay, because we use order of motion here!! First the damage then the knockdown, are you a retard Koonie?! Logic, logic, logic!! Eff game mechanics! RP > PVP!" (And yeah, that hurt. A lot. That's why I didn't suggest anything for a while.)

If Cobra triggers on damage... When you knockdown first, what happens? No Cobra. That's why. Small bump here about this request. It would ultimately fix Snake Dancer's weird behavior. Make the crowd control effects happen before the damage please, Dev.

As for why knocked down people shouldn't be doing spinarounds with Danger Sense? Kam said everything, hopefully. It shouldn't even be that troublesome to fix this 'bug'.

And the rest from this point is rambling about my sad Void Assassin tale.
Aside from it not being intentional (since this never ever happened before and something is probably broken in the middle that we all let it slip in the beta), don't forget we got Guile and Flanking now, and Danger Sense is the biggest destroyer of your new mechanic. Void Assassins are becoming the least fun class to be played by now, with so much easy and cheesy ways to counter them. (It's like I said once joking on a Skype comp. "VAs only win against stupid people." No regrets.)

Number one being simply putting your fine rear against the field's edge to make your back unreachable. Second being Armor of Eyes destroying every sort of bonus from Flank and Backstab without even counting UL in the process. And third is being unable to cutthroat-backstab a Cobra user because of this 'bug'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Pretty sure knockdown is meant to apply before damage.

This applies in the case of HEAVY TACKLE in regards to EVASION.

So... yeah.