Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch you until you're dead
Bare fist crits will always grant momentum, even after the first critical hit.
Well, you do have two of them. Hard to say if this is a bug or not.
It wouldn't be a bug if it didn't apply after the 3rd and 4th crit, I'd be fine if bare fists applied momentum on the first 2 crits, after that it should be like any other weapon.
I apologize for bumping this but I do not want this to be buried, you can still gain ridiculous amounts of momentum with this, you can perform up to 6 attacks on somebody in 1 range and you have 7m, normally I'd say "Just dont stand in 1 range of a bare fist build" but no, there's stuff like thunder hooves available to us, and if someone crane hops into range they can attack 4 times.
it's more like 4x, repeat action tracking is a thing and there are only so many monk/duelist promo basic-attack skills that don't require a weapon
actually If you go duelist /demonhunter you can ignore repeat action a bitmore
Let's assume you are a Ghost/Monk, you'll have these moves accessable to you in a single combo: Attack/Sub Attack/Geldoren/Ether Invitation/Repel, that's five attacks you have right there, followed up by one of the autohits you have, something like heaven kick or Peddling Wheel.

6 attacks, 7 momentum.

You only have 2 fists, meaning you should only get critical hit tracking on two hits, like dual wielding any other weapons.
It's a little bit unfair to put Ether Invitation on that list since you can only use it on marked enemies and it prevents remarking them, if I recall? But 5 is a little much I guess. And sure, you can reset repeat action tracking if you're a DH subclass, but then you don't get the fists sub-attack or really any basic attack skills, actually? It'd be pretty ridiculous if it was anything but bare fists tbh but crit-resisting and evasion shut the whole thing down real fast. Not to mention you can't use enchantments, upgrades, or customizations.
That's not very acceptable, a bug should not be the reason that bare fists need to stay good, that'd be making it so empty palm has more of a significant buff, which tbh it already is a pretty significant buff.
I'd be down for it if Ambidexterity was changed to work with MMA's bare fist sub-attack I guess. What, bare fists would have up to 2x crit gain per turn instead of the 1 usual weapons have?